“Nice Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice hotel in a convenient location to the interstate. We stayed on our way to Boston. There are many nearby restaurants and shops within walking distance of the hotel (Wal Mart, Cracker Barrel, Texas Roadhouse, etc.). Hotel clean, delicious continental breakfast. Indoor pool is great for the kids, but there is no hot tub. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Jason S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip through the area. We appreciate the kind words and the recommendation to other travelers. I hope that the next time you're in the area that you would choose to stay with us again.

Thank you!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The other reviewers are spot on about the decor and rooms. The front desk man was less friendly than ones at other Marriott properties but the hotel could have been endear staffed since the same guy brought us the pack-n-plays. The pool was warm and they had noodles for the kids which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing us on your recent trip to the Elmira area. I'm happy that you enjoyed the property and had the chance to swim in our indoor pool as well. We did buy noodles for the kids to enjoy in the pool, so it's also nice to hear about kids enjoying them while swimming. Again, thank you, and I look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We spent 2 nights in this hotel. It is brand new and everything was very comfortable. We were travelling with friends doing a little wining in the Finger Lakes. We love this wine region and this hotel Is convenient to the area. Most of the hotels and B&Bs on the Finger Lakes have a cancellation fee, so I prefer to stay where I don't need to worry about this. You do have about a 20 minute ride to the lakes but it is worth the ride. The hotel is in a shopping center so there are restaurants in walking distance. I would definitely stay here again. The staff was great too!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us on your visit to the Elmira area. I also appreciate your comments and rating on trip advisor. Again, thank you, and I hope that you stay with us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very nice new hotel in Horseheads. The room was very nice & clean. The staff were not overly friendly but perhaps as it is a new hotel and they are trying to figure things out. Hard to say. The friendliest one was the lady in charge of the breakfast buffet who had to apologize for not having any bowls for cereal!? We ended up using the styro-foam coffee cups for our cereal. My husband thought that because the management was in such a rush to get the hotel open that they didn't do a very good quality control check as the hotel was being built. There was a large paint stain in the shower stall floor for construction and also a hand print in the dust on a faux beam separating the living room from the bedroom. The bed and coach were both very comfortable. I thought the carpeted stairs in the stairwells was a good idea for deadening noise but not sure how well it will stand up to normal use and how clean they can keep it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize in regards to the cereal bowls at breakfast. We should have had more to offer on the day you were having breakfast. Due to your response, we will ensure moving forward that we don't run into that situation. Again, thank you for your response on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to seeing again on your next trip to the Elmira/Corning area.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a brand new hotel that is very impressive. It's modern, comfortable and quite high-end. Free wireless and a spacious work area make it an excellent destination for business travelers. The staff is friendly, but hardly goes out of their way to make a guest feel welcome. They do their jobs, but don't make any effort to go above and beyond. As someone who travels 30 to 40 weeks per year and stays exclusively with Marriott, I was a bit surprised at the apathy of the staff. There was also no shampoo in the room ... for four days. When I asked about it at the front desk, the staff member simply told me she couldn't find any. I usually get, and have come to expect, much better personal servicce from Marriott.

Once the staffing issue is corrected, this will be the best spot in the Elmira/Corning area for a business traveler.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

First I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to the Elmira/Corning area. I apologize that you had some inconveniences during your stay, and I also apologize that you feel my staff did not go out of their way to provide the level of service that we strive very hard to achieve. I would really like you to contact me directly the next time you're in the area, and I will ensure that my staff and I will provide you with a great stay! Again, I appreciate your response, and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Elmira/Corning area.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

As others have noted, this is a new hotel. Everything is sparkling new. New hotels can go through growing pains as they get processes sorted. Not this place!! They have it down pat! As is typically of Marriott hotels, the staff get an A+. Friendly, humble, and just the right touch when it comes to hospitality. I took advantage of the free breakfast which follows the Marriott standard. However I had an especially pleasant experience during breakfast. I prefer whole grain breads. When I got to breakfast I stood scouting the offerings and one of the staff pleasantly asked me if there was anything she could help with (that alone impressed me!). I responded that I was looking for sliced bread, preferably whole grain or dark, but would settle for anything sliced though could not see any. She said, "Oh, I'm sure we had some, let me see...". She disappeared for a moment then returned with a whole loaf of freshly baked sliced whole grain bread!! SOLD!! When added to the most pleasant check-in staff out there, I say A+

I stayed one night and slept well. There is a 24 hour department store with grocery section across the parking lot and other stores very close by. Very nice spot. Staff here should be proud of the job they do - their efforts make a positive difference in a traveller's experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your kind words regaring our staff here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We do try very hard to go above and beyond. Again, thank you and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was a great hotel. Staff was very friendly. Pool was nice, clean and well kept. There was not hot tub, which was disappointing. We were on the first floor, and could hear the people beside us plain as day. Not very sound proof. Breakfast was fresh, lots of choice and clean eating area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your response, and thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to the Elmira/Corning area. We appreciate the kind words, and my breakfast attendants work very hard, and also appreciate the kind words as well.