“Average quality, at a fair price.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Carpet Inn Horseheads

Red Carpet Inn Horseheads
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Bellmore, NY
“Average quality, at a fair price.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

Stayed there 8/20 & 8/21. Basic accomodiations for a fair price. Room was clean & neat. Included a microwave and sizable fridge. Table & chairs. Bed was comfortable. Working TV with remote. A/C worked fine (90+ degrees outside). My only complaints would be that the ice machine was (still) broken, and the towels were like sandpaper. I actually expected worse after reading many of the reviews here. If you want luxurious accomodiations, go to the Hilton, and pay for the Hilton. If you want a room to sleep in, no problem staying here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank dilo626

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

We read a lot of negative reviews on this motel and we were slightly apprehensive when we booked it, but we needed an inexpensive night's stay. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The lobby was clean, and the family that owned the motel was very friendly and helpful. They made sure I had a non-smoking room and checked to make sure the shower would be okay for me as I am eight months pregnant.
Our room was clean and comfortable. It was modest and had not been updated for a while, and we did notice a few imperfections here and there, but what else are you looking for at this price? Everything was clean and in working order, as it should have been.
I didn't even realize breakfast would be included at this price, but we awoke to coffee, orange juice, danishes, and muffins in the lobby. Again, nothing fancy, but a lot more than we got at the Holiday Inn the next night for almost three times the price (no breakfast included).
We enjoyed a very nice conversation with the owners this morning, and they took the time to help us find the museums we were looking for in the area. They were very helpful.
As long as you're not looking for anything fancy, this was a warm welcoming place to stay at a perfect price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank noblemishleft
chemung
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

Our family needed a hotel for the night due to frozen pipes no water and no heater and its i think 12 degrees outside so we didnt have much money and i called around and the owner assured me the rooms were safe , very clean and affordable we ended up paying $55.00. Got into the room stains every where on the carpet , paint chipping in the bath room, the lamps flickered on and off , and the bedspread had rips and tears in it, mind you its winter time and i have 2 small children, so my husband goes to turn the heater on , and the whole front panel and buttons fall off so he goes to put them on and they wont so i go to front dest wait 15 mins and no one shows so i go back to room and after calling 3 times the guy answers , rushes me off the phone to answer a different phone , calls me back and says that we dont need heat , that he didnt have time , so i insist for a new room he comes to the room screws with heater for 15 mins mind you theres an electric burning ordor coming from the heater and then says he dont have time to deal with it he has to get to the airport , and will give us our money back, so i go to the office and he treated me horrible and then told me to get out he had to leave and when i was still talking he came around the corner of the desk to make me leave please do not stay here ecpecially if you have children

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank sassygirl24

Travelers are raving about these Horseheads hotels

jc,ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

dirty room, three out of six light fixtures not workin, bath tube slippery when wet, ceiling tiles water damaged, fly in room, room stunk upon entry, breakfast sucked, & etc. We will never stay again.

Husband and Wife

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
NorthEast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

For $59 the room was clean and basic - no shampoo and basic towels. There was a table and two chairs and refrig. Coffee waas available in the sparse lobby. The location is at the intersection of I90 exit, but the room was quiet.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
NY State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2008

My husband and I stayed there quite recently and found it to be a great location. The rooms were very neat and clean and even the most modest room had a refridgerator and microwave. We only needed a clean and safe place to sleep and freshen up and it was really excellent. The price we paid was only $50 a might which included the various taxes, almost $100 cheaper than a couple of hotels recommended to us by others. The owners live on site and were some of the friendliest people I've ever met. A modest continental breakfast is available and they have some really good coffee. I'm going to make a point to stay there again when I'm in the area.

• Liked — very clean, safe location and cheap prices
  • Disliked — didn't dislike anything, it was good.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2008

Either the other reviewers had bad luck or I just happened to get a decent room.... Considering the bargain price, it was very clean, quiet, and I felt welcome and safe. The owners are polite and kind. It's an older motel - from the 1950s - without much (if any) updating, and certainly very modest, especially the bathroom, which was in a '50s time warp. But the room was a solid place to get a good night's sleep. Nothing more ought to be expected at this price.

I've been many places in the world, paid a lot more and gotten a lot less value for money!

Location is alongside/below the new Interstate 86. Used to be right on Route 17, but the new Interstate seems to have sideswiped the place and impacted business a lot. No sound from the highway, though, as many of the rooms face away from it.

• Liked — The price; the kind attitude of the owners.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo