“Good Basic Room, Low Price”

Red Carpet Inn Horseheads
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
NorthEast
“Good Basic Room, Low Price”
Reviewed August 15, 2009

For $59 the room was clean and basic - no shampoo and basic towels. There was a table and two chairs and refrig. Coffee waas available in the sparse lobby. The location is at the intersection of I90 exit, but the room was quiet.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
NY State
Reviewed November 6, 2008

My husband and I stayed there quite recently and found it to be a great location. The rooms were very neat and clean and even the most modest room had a refridgerator and microwave. We only needed a clean and safe place to sleep and freshen up and it was really excellent. The price we paid was only $50 a might which included the various taxes, almost $100 cheaper than a couple of hotels recommended to us by others. The owners live on site and were some of the friendliest people I've ever met. A modest continental breakfast is available and they have some really good coffee. I'm going to make a point to stay there again when I'm in the area.

• Liked — very clean, safe location and cheap prices
  • Disliked — didn't dislike anything, it was good.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Either the other reviewers had bad luck or I just happened to get a decent room.... Considering the bargain price, it was very clean, quiet, and I felt welcome and safe. The owners are polite and kind. It's an older motel - from the 1950s - without much (if any) updating, and certainly very modest, especially the bathroom, which was in a '50s time warp. But the room was a solid place to get a good night's sleep. Nothing more ought to be expected at this price.

I've been many places in the world, paid a lot more and gotten a lot less value for money!

Location is alongside/below the new Interstate 86. Used to be right on Route 17, but the new Interstate seems to have sideswiped the place and impacted business a lot. No sound from the highway, though, as many of the rooms face away from it.

• Liked — The price; the kind attitude of the owners.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank lots-of-km
Orchard Park
Reviewed August 11, 2008

This is the worse place to stay ever ,it should not even have a terrible rating it should be a "0" not a place to stay ,with out going into great detail I have stayed in some poor motels but nothing as bad as this it should be shut down and the advertising web sits should visit this before letting the out dated pictures from being shown .The gutters were hanging off the building,there were plywood boards over the closed resturant,the pool was closed with dead squirls in the 3" of water still in it,the sheets were stained along with the carpets,bug infested from spiders all over and flys smashed in the walls and never wiped off.I can go on and on but you should get my point by now.NEVER EVER STAY HERE ,we left 2 days ahead of time and could not get a refund but didnt care the place was worth getting out of hell.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — everythind i did not like one thing at this place
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Minnesota
Reviewed August 6, 2008

When I drove into the parking lot, the place looked run down. I asked the peson at the desk if the place was clean and safe. They assured me that it was. They were wrong.

When I got t0 the room, I noticed spider webs along all the walls and windows. There were several pieces of dried cheese on the chair. The carpet was the old orange from the 1970's, but looked much older. There were more stains and holes than there was carpet. But the worst part was that the place smelled overwhelmingly of pesticide. It must have just been sprayed. Within the two minutes it took me to walk in and back out, I had a headache from the smell.

I don't recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — The smell
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed September 8, 2007

This was an Expedia 2 star, which is why I picked it, since the rate was very low. But I have never stayed at a more decrepit place. The management was nice enough, the old Zenith TV worked fine, but there were stains everywhere (floor, ceiling, etc.), rust and holes in the bathroom, peeling paint outside, slanted beams and listing pillars and the place looked abandoned - but it was open! Oh dear! Being an obstinate sort, I decided that I had already paid, so I'd stay - and it was clean in the room (despite the threadbare and pilled old blanket), but the lack of any security (like a door that wasn't made of louvered glass!) was a bit nerve-racking and I have never and would never stay in such a place again! I wish I had read the reviews here before I booked it!

Stayed September 2007
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 12, 2007

this place is horrible. room was filthy and smelly, management was rude, doors do not lock properly, anyone could have gotten in without a key. the manager had to come lock the door for us. i asked for an extra towel, manager asked how many people in the room, i said 2, he asked how many towels in the room, i said 2, he said then why do you need another towel ? he gave me the towel, then said i couldnt use it anyway, there was no running water, but wouldnt tell me why. i told him we were checking out, he said go right ahead, i already charged your credit card. needless to say, we left , paying for the night (even though we didnt stay there) but it was worth my peace of mind for not having to sleep there.

• Liked — not a thing
  • Disliked — everything!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family