“Won't stay here again”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Princeton, New Jersey
“Won't stay here again”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is okay, nothing but the basics. Rooms and beds are small. We didn't get enough towels and had to ask for more. The breakfast was terrible, cold. The hotel is very loud. It was a crowded weekend and there were doors slamming and heavy footsteps up and down the hall all night. We arrived home from a family event and there were people out by the picnic table in the back drinking, and one man was urinating up against the hotel behind the bushes. (Not hidden from view) We had left the do not disturb on the door by accident so the room wasn't cleaned. I asked for new towels and the front desk said they would be bringing them- never did. I told the folks at the desk when we left and didn't really say anything but a half interested apology. There are other choices in the area, I don't recommend staying here. Other places looked alot nicer and I am sure the experience would be better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Galen_AGMHorseheads, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira), responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We would like to aplogize for the bad experience that you had at Our Country Inn and Suites. I sincerely apologize that no one tried to stop the noise for you when you brought it to the attention of our front desk. I would also like to sincerely aplogize for your breakfast experience. This is not how we take care of our valued guests and I am sorry that this is how you were taken care of.

Deb, GM Country Inn and Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Hebrew first
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was somewhat disappointed by my stay at this hotel. I walked into the room and the musty smell was overwheliming. I went to the front desk and told them about it and asked them for something to spray to help eliminate the odor. The front desk person handed me a bottle of air linen freshener, but did not even offer me the option of moving to another room. Breakfast was actually pretty good however there are not enough seats forthe number of guests at the hotel. We stayed for three days and every day there were people eating in the lobby because the breakfast area was full. There are better choices in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Please except our sincere apology for the experience you had at our Country Inn and Suites. No one should have just handed you a bottle of air freshener, we should have offered to move you and take care of your problem. We credit our success in the lodging industry, by taking care of our valued guests and we failed do do so and for that we are very sorry. We will in the future make our mission to take better care of our valued guests. Again I am very sorry that you had a bad stay.

Deb, GM Country Inn and Suites
United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We just love this chain! Hotel was very clean, staff friendly and helpful and they bake cookies constantly! We had a king size suite. The suite was small but comfortable and the bedroom was in a separate room which is nice for someone who wants to watch a different show. We stay in these hotels wherever we can and we have never been disappointed. If you sign up for the club you also get points which can be used for free rooms or discounted rooms. The hotel was located conveniently to the attractions, shopping and dining for the area also.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade-many times if you are a member of the club you will get a free upgrade if it is a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Saratoga Springs, NY
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We recently stayed at the Country Inn while visiting the area, we were very pleased with the hotel. a comfortable, clean, spacious, and quiet room with fridge, microwave and wifi, made our stay very pleasant. Breakfast was good and served at a reasonable time. We did not have time to use the indoor pool but it look clean and inviting. Will stay again!

Room Tip: Pick the side away from the highway for a quiet room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have stayed here 5 times and have been totally pleased hoever on Tues April 10th when we went down for breakfast it was all carb offerings. no yogurt ,no fresh fresh fruit except apples ( banana or organges?)nor any cut up fruit. 1 carton milk ,5 small boxes of cereal rest was all carbs and fats. I questioned the attendent who said the next order didn't arrive until tThurs so what others were going to eat for 3 days I don't know. The reason was she was on a budget and even if busy couldn't order more or her boss cut it anyway. Since I am diabetic this was a big deal. It is 15 min to Elmira College but if no breakfast we question whether we will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sednarb
Kaysville, Utah
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was a nice surprise for my visit - loved the room layout, amenities and facilities. Even had a greeting board welcoming my party to the hotel. Excellent breakfast and fresh fruit available. Will definitely recommend & visit again!

Room Tip: No question where to stay in the Horseheads area!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We chose this hotel as it was the cheapest on Hotwire.com ($80 USD for 1 night) and it also had excellent overall reviews. I can clearly see why. We stayed here because we had to stay overnight in the area to pickup the next day our handmade glass sculptures at the nearby Corning Museum of Glass (15 min drive from CMoG). Very clean common areas, very clean rooms, 8/10 comfort rating for the bed (I'm just picky about my pillow and the ones here were either too hard or too soft but no big deal). Friendly staff, free breakfast (which was actually really satisfying for our 4 drive back to Canada), and of course free wi-fi which was really fast. My only issue with the hotel was that the appearance was very country and dated but I would have fully expected this from a hotel called "Country Inn & Suites" so I'm not deducting any stars. Thanks again for a great stay. If I'm ever in the area again, I will pick here first.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple