Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
$102
$93
HIExpress.com
$69
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor(Horseheads)(Great Value!)
$90
RodewayInn
$116
Courtyard
$55
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Room Service
All reviewsfull kitchendvd playerextended staysmall kitchenfree laundryfront deskoutback steakhousecooking utensilssmall marketreceived a hand writtensnack shopwelcome cardpurchase foodhome away from homecomfortable bedsnice facilityparking lot is
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Upon checking in at 945pm we were greeted by a grumpy desk clerk. Her shift ended at 11pm and by her composure and disposition it appeared as she had been working in a coal mine for a year.
My mistake was i booked the room through Expedia..which garantees you receive the worst room in the hotel(regardless of what requests you make in advance or if the hotel is empty)
We were treated to room 112 which is 10 inches from the elevator and 3feet from the lobby. We asked to move and after a gruff comment got moved to an elevator room on 3.
Hotel is ok.. But thats it. Near the mall, convenient in its location and quiet area.
Remember... No housekeeping. No pool. No breakfast no garbage pick up in your room no new towels. You can however get towels at the desk..assume you bring your dirty ones back... And take your own garbage out. If you need to save money this way i would suggest not going on holiday.
Did like the internet access. It was fast and stayed on all night vs having to log in after 2 hours.

One final thought for the hotel if they do read this.... Regardless of whether a person books a room on expedia, trip advisor or direct through the hotel, you should treat people the same. They are customers and in many cases are "trying you out". If you penalize me on purpose for not going to your website then you dont understand how commerce works and wont last long.
If i can convince 1 person to think twice before going to this hotel, then Im one happy traveller.
Thus ends my rant. :)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelcato
Andrea S, Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share you comments regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood. I apologize you felt that your accommodation were less than satisfactory. Because the Candlewood is also an extended stay property - the chain - not the individual hotel sets forth various standards that we must follow. Some of those standards dictate the frequency of housekeeping service, no breakfast, no pool etc. As a hotel - we do not assign rooms based on who made the reservation (i.e Expedia) We do have a number of long term guests in the hotel which does decrease the options that a transient traveler may have. Again my apologies you felt that you got the worst room in the hotel.

As far as your check in experience - again im sorry that you felt it was not satisfactory. I stand by my team 100% and the hotel has received awards for customer service. Everyone has bad days - but I felt it unnecessary to state that you felt she had been working in a coal mine for a year.

If you would like to discuss your stay with me on a personal level please feel free to contact me -directly at the hotel. -607-873-7676

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Recently spent two weeks there....
There is a high volume of younger, blue collar workers who stay there relating to the energy boom that is presently going on in this area. Although the hotel seems newer, my bed already had the permanent depression in the mattress area where most quests preferred to sleep in. I had to move to an upper floor after a few days as it sounded like a morbidly obese tap dancing class was going on above me, every night and every morning. The common hallways never seemed clean enough to me. The worst feature of this facility is the TV system. It is BY FAR THE WORST I have ever come across in any of the hundreds of hotels that I have lived in. I constantly had to reset it, mute it, wait for it to respond....it is quite simply AWFUL!!! (It was bad in both of my rooms!) Overall it is an average facility. The staff is very nice. The work out area is very good, and the laundry facility is free! It is nicely located to major highways, the mall, and to a wide variety of restaurants. No breakfast is served at this hotel. Other hotels are nearby and if you are willing to spend a few extra bucks per night, it might be a better choice...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mrusareviewer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear mrusareviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed with the family at the Candlewood Suites in Elmira while visiting to attend a wedding. The room was advertised as a studio. It had high ceilings and the feel of a roomy studio apartment. There was a fully functional, clean kitchenette with all the trimmings, including dishes, glasses, silverware, dish soap, towels, a full size refrigerator, coffee maker, etc. There was a large closet, a good size bath room, a working desk, comfortable arm chair. The queen size beds were extremely comfortable - good mattresses and pillows.

This is a great place for both a stop-over or an extended stay. Very nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank David_M48406
Reviewed August 16, 2013

There's no shortage of name brand hotels in the area, but this one had the lowest rates and good TA reviews. We were not disappointed. Nice rooms and none of that stupid carbohydrate-"free breakfast" crap. They have a small "store" off the lobby where you can buy snacks, drinks and everything up to microwavable meals.

If driving, use your GPS as this hotel is not listed on the highway signs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing east for most peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cameron06820
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Cameron06820,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know we were able to meet your expectations during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed for two nights with my family. We loved the kitchen area, which came in very handy. I didn't mind not having the usual continental breakfast, but I did miss a pool. The workout area was more than adequate. My only disappointment was there was no soap provided. I don't think I've ever stayed at a motel, large chain or small privately owned motel that didn't provide soap (or shampoo). There was none for sale in their "Candlewood Cupboard" either. Just thought that was a little odd. Fortunately, there are enough stores close by (as I didn't pack any soap thinking I wouldn't need any).

Overall, I would certainly recommend this place. Just bring your own soap. ;)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family