“Very Good Stay”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very Good Stay”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our stay was very good. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel has a restaurant and all the surrounding restaurants are chains. If you are looking for a unique area, this hotel isn't for you, but if you are just looking for a comfortable, clean place to stay, I would recommend it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Management371, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will be sure to post them so that our staff can see that their hard work is being noticed and please come stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Somerville, Ohio
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We experienced the quality we've grown to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The service staff was most accommodating. We would recommend this hotel for anyone whose travels bring him into the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your survey. The entire staff works hard and I will share your comments with them. We look forward to you next stay!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was the third time we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at Horseheads. The other times were great. This time is was not for the following reasons.

1. No hot water. It was only lukewarm at best.
2. The HVAC system was very noisy. It had one speed - high and this could not be changed.
3. This time we could hear the people above us. They were up until 2:30 a.m. Then at 4:30 a.m. one of them fell out of bed with a great thud.
4. Unlike all other Hiltons I stayed at there was not coffee in the lobby at 5:30 a.m. Typically, Hiltons have 24-hour coffee.
5. The good tasting afternoon cookies were replaced by some sort of square, dry, cheap cardboard tasting "energy bar." They should bring the cookies back.
6. The staff appeared to be oppressed and afraid. Upon checking out the pleasant young man at the front desk asked me to sign a refund form so "they would not yell at me."

As a manager, I never yell at my team members. I find this unprofessional. It leads to low morale, high turnover and can degrade the level of service.

Hilton corporate should investigate what the management is doing. Whomever is the General Manager needs to go to training on how to treat, engage and motivate team members in a positive way.

It is so unnecessary to berate and yell at staff. I really dislike it when I go to an establishment where the team members appear to be nervous and unhappy because of an overbearing, mean management.

As a positive, the young man at the front desk who checked me out did a very good job. Without hesitation he offered to refund my money. Once he figured out that I was not upset with him but the management, he relaxed and we had a very pleasant conversation. Management should do what it can to retain him and others like him.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor. It is quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Management371, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. First I would like to apologize for all of the issues you had with your stay. Since we did not give you our promise for a 100% satisfactory stay we did go ahead and give you a refund. Moving forward we will make sure those things like this will not happen to any other guests because that is not how The Hilton Garden Inn Horseheads operates. Again I truly apologize for your bad experience and it is my hope that you give us a second chance to ensure you that things like this will not happen moving forward.
Greenville, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a nice hotel, well kept and for the area it's in there aren't many others that are better. Rooms are clean, ammenities are good and it's very close to the airport so it's a great option for the business traveler in this area. There are plenty of restaurants within a few miles to choose from. The staff can be good or average. I encountered a desk attendant who had an attitude when I changed an on premises benefit. Surprised that she forgot I was the reason she has a job.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Mark P
Management371, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. First I would like to apologize that you felt our customer service was not up to par. I am actually surprised as we usually receive great comments on our customer service but I will certainly look into the issue and make sure it does not happen again. Again thank you for your comments and we will continue to work hard and make sure every guest is treated with great customer service.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Pros:
Location and rooms were very nice; the views from the room was pleasant. the lobby was impressive and had snacks. Staff was friendly and courteous.

Cons:
Exercise area was very small (a few treadmills and a weight bench).
The jacuzzi tub had some hairballs in it...
Also refused any late checkout even though I was there to run a marathon, so i had to pack up my things by 5am... very disappointing...

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank ChiliPepper5
Management371, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. First I would like to apologize for not being able to have a late checkout. We tried to give as many as we were able to but due to so many guests being in the marathon and wanting late checkouts it just was not possible. I am glad though that you had a good stay and we hope to see you again next year!
wilmington, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Excellent staff and great location with easy access to highway and airport. Many chain restuarants in the area. Despite being so close to a variety of stores and places to eat, there is no real light polution and it is quiet. I have stayed here many times over the last couple of years and I am never disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Management371, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. First I would like to thank you for your kind words about our property and staff. It is great to hear that we have been consistent through the years and it is something that we work very hard to achieve.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I set up a weekend away with my girlfriend from life in general; but mainly for her birthday. Not that I'm a neurotic person, but sometimes I want things to be just right. I cannot begin to stress how accommodating and helpful the staff were. Specifically Sydney, (sorry if I spelled it wrong!) and Sarah (General Manager). Sarah set up my reservation and the laundry list of things I wanted in my room, yes it was a very long and detailed list of things. She offered suggestions and recommended some of her personal favorite places to visit in the area,(not just dining options, but mentally refreshing spots as well). Sydney did exactly the same thing. I believe on the 50th phone call (I exaggerate the quantity, but seriously there were a lot within a week and a half) she was as pleasant as she was the first time we spoke. She also noted more of my requests and assured me everything would be set upon arrival. I have stayed at many hotels in my life, but I would have to say this has been one of the best hotel experiences to date. If you're staying in the area, I strongly recommend you stop in for a night or two and enjoy everything that Hilton Garden Inn Horsehead NY has to offer.
Thanks again ladies!! You made it exceptional!!
Happiest Bostonian ever!
Pete- From mass...... because that's how they all know me now

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter A
Management371, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that Sara and Sydney were able to help make your girlfriend's birthday a day to remember. Doing special requests for our guests is something that we enjoy doing and we also get excited knowing that it will be a surprise and something that will always be remembered. Again thank you for your great comments and I will be sure to share them with the staff!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horseheads
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Courtyard Elmira Horseheads
Courtyard Elmira Horseheads
#6 of 11 in Horseheads
Radisson Hotel Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
#1 of 6 in Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning? Share your experiences!