This was the third time we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at Horseheads. The other times were great. This time is was not for the following reasons.
1. No hot water. It was only lukewarm at best.
2. The HVAC system was very noisy. It had one speed - high and this could not be changed.
3. This time we could hear the people above us. They were up until 2:30 a.m. Then at 4:30 a.m. one of them fell out of bed with a great thud.
4. Unlike all other Hiltons I stayed at there was not coffee in the lobby at 5:30 a.m. Typically, Hiltons have 24-hour coffee.
5. The good tasting afternoon cookies were replaced by some sort of square, dry, cheap cardboard tasting "energy bar." They should bring the cookies back.
6. The staff appeared to be oppressed and afraid. Upon checking out the pleasant young man at the front desk asked me to sign a refund form so "they would not yell at me."
As a manager, I never yell at my team members. I find this unprofessional. It leads to low morale, high turnover and can degrade the level of service.
Hilton corporate should investigate what the management is doing. Whomever is the General Manager needs to go to training on how to treat, engage and motivate team members in a positive way.
It is so unnecessary to berate and yell at staff. I really dislike it when I go to an establishment where the team members appear to be nervous and unhappy because of an overbearing, mean management.
As a positive, the young man at the front desk who checked me out did a very good job. Without hesitation he offered to refund my money. Once he figured out that I was not upset with him but the management, he relaxed and we had a very pleasant conversation. Management should do what it can to retain him and others like him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great customer service and a warm hospitable environment greet you at the Hilton Garden Inn Elmira/Corning. Relax in our indoor pool and whirlpool, or work out in our exercise room. Enjoy a delicious meal at our Great American Grill restaurant or in our Ernie Davis Lounge. Open daily. Computer access available in our business center. Conveniently located in the heart of the Finger Lakes Region. Minutes from Watkins Glen, golf, shopping, wineries and local area attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning Hotel Horseheads
- Hilton Garden Inn Horseheads
- Hilton Horseheads
- Horseheads Hilton