“good stopover”

Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We dropped my son @ binghamton on the way to the finger lakes, and the stay was very nice. The room came as we requested and was very clean. breakfest was complimetary because I'm a hilon honors gold member and was actually good. Everything in the hotel was very clean and the service was excellant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Management371, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thank You for your review. I am glad to hear that your room was a clean as expected. I am also glad to hear that your were welcomed as an Hhonors member and enjoyed one of the benefits which is the free breakfast buffet. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was nice bright and airy. The room was large and clean. The pool was to cool for me. Also the hot tub was not hot. When we asked about it they said it was the air quality in the room not the water but the water was under 95 degrees. Because of this and price we will not be staying here again

• Stayed: August 2013
Management371, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. First I would like to apologize for the hot tub not being as hot as you would like. I would like you to know that the hot tub has since been fixed. I would welcome you to stay with us again and I can assure you will not have the same issues that you had with us before. Again thank you for your review and we will make sure that this is not an issue again for any other guest.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My family and I decided to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn for our one night in Watkins Glen. We put all our luggage in our room and noticed a terrible smell. My husband went to the front desk to complain and came back with a key to another room. It took 3 trips to get all our luggage into our new room and we were asked by the manager if the new room was okay (he didn't help us move, of course). The new room smelled like bleach, so we said yes. We later found out that the room smelled like bleach because there was a pool under our room. When we bent over to pick things up, we realized the carpet is what stunk. My husband later asked the desk clerk for a discount on our bill, but she was clueless and just told him she'd ask the manager. Apparently, she didn't do this, because we ended up paying full price. Also, aside from the smell, the bathroom was pretty disgusting as well. I was really disgusted when I glanced at the lotion bottle the hotel provides and it was only half full. We couldn't leave this hotel soon enough! We were very disappointed in our stay and were very thankful we'd told the front desk we needed just one night. If you're staying in the area, there are a few hotels that look pretty nice. I can't recommend this one at all, unless you like living in someone else's filth for a pretty high price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Erik H
HGI_Elmira_Corning, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the unpleasant smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed overnight in a suite. The hotel's entrance is gorgeous, the restaurant is actually very nice, the food is great, the service is quality, and our stay went without any problems. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed for one night and the hotel room was very nice, clean and well appointed. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and breakfast the next morning. The restaurant was busy for dinner but the wait staff was very friendly, helpful and worked so well together. The food was good and it made for a very nice evening for my family and I. We decided to go back to the restaurant for breakfast and were not disappointed. We were again treated very well and had another waitress who was just as friendly and helpful as the waitress from dinner. Shout out to both our exceptional waitress Danielle and Brenda for making our stay enjoyable and memorable :) We will be sure to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again on our travels to upstate NY.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Comfortable, Relaxing and home feeling entire staff was wonderful. Would recommend for business and pleasure staff and accommodations are very good. You will find what you need with a very friendly staff. The rooms are cozy and have a refrigerator and microwave.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Overall hotel was nice. great lobby, pool and fitness center. room was clean and fresh. Restaurant food was great but the server we had was awful. I paid my bill in cash and was never given my change back. It wasn't much change maybe 2 dollars. I was planning on giving her a tip but she never game me my change. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horseheads
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Big Flats (Elmira), NY
Courtyard Elmira Horseheads
Courtyard Elmira Horseheads
#6 of 11 in Horseheads
Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads
Staybridge Suites Corning

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning? Share your experiences!