“Will never stay here again”

Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
Warren, United States
“Will never stay here again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My family and I decided to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn for our one night in Watkins Glen. We put all our luggage in our room and noticed a terrible smell. My husband went to the front desk to complain and came back with a key to another room. It took 3 trips to get all our luggage into our new room and we were asked by the manager if the new room was okay (he didn't help us move, of course). The new room smelled like bleach, so we said yes. We later found out that the room smelled like bleach because there was a pool under our room. When we bent over to pick things up, we realized the carpet is what stunk. My husband later asked the desk clerk for a discount on our bill, but she was clueless and just told him she'd ask the manager. Apparently, she didn't do this, because we ended up paying full price. Also, aside from the smell, the bathroom was pretty disgusting as well. I was really disgusted when I glanced at the lotion bottle the hotel provides and it was only half full. We couldn't leave this hotel soon enough! We were very disappointed in our stay and were very thankful we'd told the front desk we needed just one night. If you're staying in the area, there are a few hotels that look pretty nice. I can't recommend this one at all, unless you like living in someone else's filth for a pretty high price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Erik H
HGI_Elmira_Corning, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the unpleasant smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Williamsport, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed overnight in a suite. The hotel's entrance is gorgeous, the restaurant is actually very nice, the food is great, the service is quality, and our stay went without any problems. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed for one night and the hotel room was very nice, clean and well appointed. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and breakfast the next morning. The restaurant was busy for dinner but the wait staff was very friendly, helpful and worked so well together. The food was good and it made for a very nice evening for my family and I. We decided to go back to the restaurant for breakfast and were not disappointed. We were again treated very well and had another waitress who was just as friendly and helpful as the waitress from dinner. Shout out to both our exceptional waitress Danielle and Brenda for making our stay enjoyable and memorable :) We will be sure to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again on our travels to upstate NY.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Comfortable, Relaxing and home feeling entire staff was wonderful. Would recommend for business and pleasure staff and accommodations are very good. You will find what you need with a very friendly staff. The rooms are cozy and have a refrigerator and microwave.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Horseheads, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Overall hotel was nice. great lobby, pool and fitness center. room was clean and fresh. Restaurant food was great but the server we had was awful. I paid my bill in cash and was never given my change back. It wasn't much change maybe 2 dollars. I was planning on giving her a tip but she never game me my change. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

pocono lake, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Took a tour of the wine country around Seneca Lake. This motel was very well located for this activity. We also toured the Corning Glass Museum. Again, this motel is excellently locted for this. We came with a group and the motel accommodated us by putting the group in adjoining rooms. They also went out of their way to arrange for the group to sit together for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Freeville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Good service, very good food, wish they had a free breakfast of some sort. Rooms were lovely, grounds nice. The pool had too much chlorine & Jacuzzi was too cool. Restaurant service was adequate drinks were adequate for the price. Appetizers were good. I slept like a rock. AC & fan worked well. I will definitely use this motel here or else where. I hope I have said enough time to go to work, I am a farmer and it was a nice treat to myself to stay at the Hilton Gardens.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Horseheads
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
#1 of 6 in Corning

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning? Share your experiences!