“Exceeded my expectation”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horseheads
New York City, New York
“Exceeded my expectation”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed at the property on June 1, 2013 and the hotel was sold out. The staff was accommodating at check-in and the hotel actually has plenty to offer. I am a Hilton loyalist and this hotel meets every standard that Hilton holds. In the evening, there were some issues with my guestroom and because the hotel was fully occupied, I did not have many options but to make it work. Upon check-out, I brought the issues to attention of the Front Desk Supervisor Joe (cannot recall his last name) and he was honestly disappointed and he did not charge for the room. I offered to pay and he was gracious yet firm that since hotel did not meet the proper standard that I would not be charged. In summation, a great experience from a quality staff at a nice property. I would more than recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Baton Rouge, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I would strongly recommend this Inn to anyone traveling in the area. It's access to the Intestate, shopping mall, and other restaurants is very expedient. Not that one would have a need to eat any place other the Inns restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Williamsport, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2013

not clean toothpaste on the counter in bathroom and ring on the table not clean. you should look at the rooms after the house keepers clean then. i us to work at hotels so i know how to clean them and do them.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 29, 2013

nicely kept hotel in nice area, but nothing special. For the price I paid ( 200 ) I expected more than a cookie cutter copy just like all the other hotels in the area that were unfortunately not available at the time

PA
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Last-minute decision to visit Finger Lakes (Watkins Glen and other state parks) over Mem Day weekend which was also commencement weekend at Cornell. There was construction work in the lobby area, but there was no noise while we were there and the staff seemed to compensate well. We stayed two nights in room 305, a junior king suite. Very comfortable and clean room. Even the grout in the bathroom floor tiles was clean. Bed was OK but we are not fans of the "memory foam" type of bed. Supposedly had a soft/firm adjustment, but we couldn't tell any difference (and we asked the front desk for instruction and did exactly what they said). Ate the buffet breakfast both days--good and reasonably priced at $10.95pp. Convenient off/on to freeway, and lots of restaurants nearby including most of the usual chains and fast-food places. We found it a good central location to use as a base for the Ithaca/Cayuga Lake and Watkins Glen/Seneca Lake areas. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The junior king suite was only a couple dollars more than a standard king, but provided great space.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HGI_Elmira_Corning, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a post about your stay. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Elmira/Corning.
The Dalles, Oregon
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Although this Hilton Garden Inn is listed as an airport hotel and is within 5 miles of the Elmira Airport, it does not have shuttle service between the airport and hotel property. Had I realized that I would not have booked it when I needed a stay near the airport. Given that the hotel is fairly ordinary, not having a shuttle lowers its value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Diane W
CT W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your quick feedback on your recent stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced in regards to airport transportation and regret we were unable to provide this amenity for you. We will keep this suggestion in mind as we look for new ways to service our guests.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn. Please hurry back.
Champaign, IL, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stay at the Elmira/Horseheads location when I visit my daughter at Cornell. I can always count on a wonderful room and kind service. Since I travel for business regularly I know from experience this is not something I can take for granted and greatly appreciate it when my expectations are met and exceeded.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Patty F
CT W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and your continued loyalty. We will continue to work our hardest to earn it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horseheads
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
#1 of 6 in Corning

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning? Share your experiences!