“La Mansion de Burro, Queretaro”

La Mansion del Burro Azul Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 94 Hotels in Queretaro City
Reviewed September 7, 2013

La mansion del Burro is very well located in the historic centre of the city of Queretaro. If you’re looking for a non-expensive typical Mexican accommodation I highly recommend La Mansion del Burro. It’s walking distance from the main sites of Queretaro. Rooms are very spacious and are kept clean. Staff is friendly. The outdoors with a fountain are good to relax. There is also an outdoor kitchen where you can have coffee or a snack. It also has a SPA with good prices if you want to have a massage or a facial. The only weak point is the continental breakfast. It lacks variety.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Mansion del Burro Azul Hotel & Spa

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Within minutes of El Centro by foot but sooo quiet.The walls must be 75cm thick! No city views, balconies or breakfasts as quoted on website but it's courtyard is delightful with various seating and a fountain .Large kitchen is provided to make your own plus coffee 24/7. Bakery 2 mins away selling milk and water. Our room had 2 very comfy bed with bed lights ,a couch, TV, bar fridge, 2 hand basins and the shower was hot and powerful. The tiled floor, talavera shower all spotless. Staff very helpful with tours, maps and taxis despite my poor Spanish. Had a nice facial too!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Yet close to the center (a short walk). Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2011

When you get to the place you fall in love with it, it's small but cute.

The first problem we had was with the manager... she tried to get smart on us and charged my credit card without my authorization, when we learned the room was going to be more expensive than we thought (miscommunication it was 948 pesos a night and we thought it would be cheaper than that) we asked if we could cancel the reservation, so she went ahead pretending she was asking the owner over the phone if it was possible to do that and she charged my credit card (for fear we would cancel). I never signed any document or handed my card so they could swipe it or anything like that. I thought that was very sneaky and I wasn't happy.

Then, my friends room never had hot water in the mornings the 5 days we were there. In our room, the shower faucet was lose and could fall on your feet. The reservation included continental breakfast but all it was was a bawl with cereal for every one to help themselves from and a pitcher with milk, some toast (from the package), some fake butter and jelly. It was gross! the last day there was a hair in the jelly too so we couldn't even eat that.

Also the internet is very slow inside of the rooms, I would have to go outside to get wifi on my phone.

So I do not recommend any one to stay there, it wasn't a good experience after all. The only good thing is that the place was nice, Mexican style. Oh and the boy that guards at night is very nice and friendly. Other than that i give it an F.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Delb_G
Reviewed January 16, 2011

This was my second time staying here. I like that it's located not to far from Plaza de Armas on a real residential Mexican street. The first time, I had a good experience. This time, the hotel seemed grungy: our room had disgusting carpeting. Staff could've been friendlier. The room door was flimsy of metal and glass with a shabby little curtain that barely covered the glass offered little privacy and zero sound barrier. Moreover, the people next door partied loudly until about 4 in the morning and the staff did nothing to quiet them down. For Mexico, the price is not cheap, and with many other hotels to choose from downtown, I'm sure next time I can find something cleaner and possibly even less expensive.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mirren19
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I only stayed one night. I was driving to southern mexico, and this hotel was apparently the only one that took pets in Queretaro. It was GREAT. The staff was friendly, the place is awesome, very near to the Alameda and Plaza de Armas (i believe) so if you like walking around historical cities this is the place to stay. The only problem was that the parking lot where they keep the cars overnight does not open until 0900 hrs, so if you are on a hurry to leave can't until around 0930 hrs. Other than that, pet or no pet I would most definitively recommend it and will be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank pepeloyo
Reviewed December 5, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at this cute hotel, from the time we got there the staff made us feel special. We only paid about 60 dollars per night. We liked our room a lot. it was small but cozy and comfortable. I bought the "romantic night deal" that inculded a dinner with a violinist playing, the decoration of the room with rose petals, and a massage at the spa for both of us. At night they had a bon fire in the patio we only paid about 30 dollars for this. The hotel is very cute and romantic, it has comfortable couches in the patios where you can sit and relax. We liked the location too becuase it is not right at the plazas where is noisy but is close enough to walk three block and you are right there where all the restaurants and cafes are, museums, plazas,etc. Queretaro is a very clean and safe city. my boyfriend and I went to a flamenco show at night and walked back to the hotel very late, no problem. People in the town are very friendly. I think this hotel is perfect if you are not looking for luxury. This is a budget option, clean, cute, great service, good location. They do charge for parking though, about 6 dollars per night. The staff is very nice, the manager speaks english and she helped us buy all the tours available in the city, it was a lot of fun. we will stay at the Burro Azul next year!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business