“Two hotels in one” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 94 Hotels in Queretaro City
Mexico City, Mexico
“Two hotels in one”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

This old hotel has a new part, which can easily be considered a new hotel. However the restaurante and the reception area are in the old building, which is not convenient.
The location is very good, although it is not in the Centro Histórico as the name implies. In the new part of the hotel the rooms are nice and well conditioned, in the old building you may have very bad rooms and not that bad as well. You should try to get in the new building, and as a second option in the new area of the old building, the one to the right entering the hotel.
The garden and pool area are very good, and the breakfast buffett also very good.
The atention to details is not good with this property. I just stayed in the new building, and the shampoo bottle was open and half empty!

Room Tip: Get a room in the new building.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ETame
whitewarriorqro, General Manager at Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Historico, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
I would like to express my appreciation for the time you have spent sharing your experience in Holiday Inn Querètaro, Centro Historico.
Your comments are very valuable to us, in order to improve our service as well as our premises. I would also like to apologyze for the shampoo bottle detail you mention.
As you comment, our hotel has two different sections; the excecutive section where you stayed at has 47 luxury rooms in an idependent building. I would also like to invite you to visit our main section and experience our rooms, eventhough they are at the original building they meet high service and quality standards .
Once again thank you very much for your feedback! Please let me know of your next visit, I will be delighted to discuss your impressions presonally.
Kindest regards!
Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed one night and liked the location, rooms are very old. You'd feel back in the 80's the public areas are nice as well as the hotel entrance. Service at restaurants is ok. Not great. They need to add more tv's on the public areas

• Stayed November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
whitewarriorqro, General Manager at Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Historico, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
I would like to express our appreciation for letting us know your opinion about Holiday Inn Queretaro, Centro Historico.
May I share with you that in our 2013 plans all the standard rooms in our hotel will be beautifully updated! Also new larger flat panel screens are already on the way for the public areas by the bar.
I hope that in your next visit to Queretaro, you will be able to witness this changes and give us your feedback. Your opinion is very important to us as our comittement is to make of our hotel your home away from home in Queretaro.
Once again thank you!
Direcrtor
San Salvador, El Salvador
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

It is a very nice hotel, the decor is beautiful. Rooms are nice, but need to improve on the sound proof, it is located off an important street and very noise. Taxi cost 30 mxp to get to city center, there are no atractios or shopping nearby

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with view to inside garden( not the pool ), my colegues told me they were more quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
whitewarriorqro, General Manager at Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Historico, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you very much for the time spent sharing your experience at Holiday Inn Queretaro, Centro HIstorico.
Your opinion is very important to us! Thanks to your comment we have started a maintenance inspection in all double windows of our property in order to avoid any noise to our guest rooms.
I hope to have the chance to greet you soon here in your home away from home.
Director
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Queratro Cetro Historico the week of Sept. 10, 2012. I stayed in the Executive Section. The room was very clean and the appointments were very complete, better than any US Holiday Inn. The service through out the hotel was second to none and if I had any questions or concerns the staff promptly addressed the issue. I enjoyed using the Gym. It was fully equipped with tread mill and weights and it was designed as a gym not a converted room. The pool area was well serviced and food and drinks were available all day. I found that the security presence was complete and professional. I felt safe throughout my visit. Many staff members speak excellent English. The hotel is centrally located to major business sites and to the major touristic sites. I'll be returning to this hotel soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
whitewarriorqro, Director General at Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Historico, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear valued guest:
Thank you very much for the time you`ve spent sharing your comments on Holiday Inn Querètaro, Centro Històrico.
We are very happy to know we have been sucessfull on complying our goal of making our guests feel of our hotel as their home away from home.
I hope to have the chance on meeting you in your next stay and thank you personally for your comments.
Kindest regards,
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have stayed at this location several times on my visits to Querétaro and I always find it quite comfortable. The only bad thing about it could be the rooms facing the back side of the building, from where you can hear dogs roaming around and barking all night. This is of course very typical of Mexico in general but I would suggest to ask for a room on a different part of the building upon check-in. Housekeeping staff is superb as well as Front Desk attendants.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Juan R
whitewarriorqro, General Manager at Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Historico, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you very much for sharing with Tripadvisor your experience while staying with us.
We are very happy you feel of Holiday Inn Querétaro, Centro Histórico as your home away from home, we´ll keep on working hard to please our visitors delivering great service.
I hope to have the opportunity to meet you personally soon!
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Even when I once spent 6 weeks here, I continue to stay whenever I go to Queretaro. It is a very nice colonial building on a well kept property. The food is very good. Specially the breakfast buffet. You can have any dish cooked also by a couple of chefs. Or you can eat from the buffet. Cold, hot, you name it. It is all very good. The rooms are very good, especially in the Business section. The view is average since it is towards the freeway but the area is newer.
During the week business travelers are the norm, but towards the weekend a lot of people comes from nearby Mexico City to spend the weekend. Of course, noise also comes so be prepared.

Room Tip: Bussines rooms are better. The VIP area is much more nicer, with its own breakfast area but it is mo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
whitewarriorqro, General Manager at Holiday Inn Queretaro Centro Historico, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear valued guest:
We are so happy you have enjoyed Holiday Inn Queretaro, Centro Historico!
Our commitment is to provide all our guests with high quality hotel services as well as healthy and tasty food in a relaxed enviroment. We want you to feel of our hotel as your home away from home!
I hope to have the oportunity to greet you on your next visit and thank you personally for the time you`ve taken to share your experience.
Guadalajara, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Due to work i'll be visiting Queretaro on a regular basis, I have stayed here once before and the room was great and in general the service pretty good. However my second stay wasn't quite so enjoyable, the room was average and the bathroom smelled awful,Room 604.
I phoned reception and the guy I spoke to wasn't very accommodating at all......in fact his customer service skills were little to none! He told me the hotel was full so they couldn't change my room and that he'd send maintenance to look into it. The hotel certainly didn't look full and as somebody who uses Holiday Inn's regularly I would have hoped for better service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for the time you have spent sharing your experience with us.
I am very sorry that your recent visit was not as pleasent as usual, may I comment that the odor problem you refer in room 604 has been taken care of, and our training department is working with our front desk staff on the right service behavours to manage this situations no matter the hotel the hotel is full.
I hope to have the oportunity to discuss this and any other suggestion you may have on your next visit to Queretaro, as our main goal is make of Holiday Inn Queretaro, Centro HIstorico your home away from home.