“The best restaurant in Queretaro”
Review of Di Vino Queretaro

Di Vino Queretaro
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Andador Josefa Vergara
Belleair Shores, Fl
“The best restaurant in Queretaro”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

There is nothing to dislike! Everything we tried on the menu was the best. The steak with the spinach is the best steak I have ever had in my life!! (we were on business with people from all over different countries and they agreed!) The owner is Italian and he is very friendly, along with the staff! If we didn't eat here, we still came in and purchased wine to take home for the evening. This restaurant beats any of our local restaurants, and we have alot to choose from!

Visited November 2012

• Korean first
Chambersburg, PA
“a world class restaurant”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I haved tried a few restaurants in Queretaro and wanted something different & special. We went to Di Vino based on the Trip Advisor reviews & its standing as #2 in the city, and we were abundantly rewarded. The ambience is elegant but not at all stuffy, and the personnel the same; very gracious but never an attitude. You'd be comfortable there if you dressed up, or if you came in your jeans. I've eaten a lot of red snapper in Mexico, but the one here was outstanding -- served on a bed of shrimp & asparagus risotto, with a jamaica (hibiscus flower) reduction. Reminded me of a restaurant in NYC where it would have been a $35 entree, instead of a $220 peso one. Just divine. My husband had a pasta dish with grilled octopus; also excellent. The wine list is almost exclusively Italian (a little challenging as we don't know much about Italian wine), and very pricy. However, with the waiter's help we chose one of the least expensive ones, a Montepulciano, and it was fabulous ($440 pesos/about $35 US). The complementary starter and complementary sweets were very gracious touches. We will definitely recommend it to our friends in San Miguel de Allende, and will definitely look forward to returning.

• Visited October 2012
STL
“outstanding experience!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My friends & I went there the night before my bday. The service & food were excellent. We enjoyed everything we had. Just outside the restaurant there were people everywhere for the independence day celebration, music, fireworks. The restaurant owner was very friendly & offered to allow us to go onto the upstairs balcony & then the roof to see the festivities. Very hospitable & it topped off an already great experience!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank IL-STLtraveler
Queretaro City, Mexico
“Experience or Meal”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

“Is a puzzlement” said Yul Brynner in The King and I. I feel the same way about Di Vino in El Centro Histórico. Just a few steps away from the Plaza de Armas you will find this excellent Italian restaurant. The wide door off the pedestrian walkway invites you in to the vista of a bar and tables in an indoor patio of a two story building. In the back of the front room another dining room continues off to the left and out of sight from the bar. The tables and seating are very comfortable. The service is excellent and the meals are delicious. I have been there at 6:00 PM, which is too early for dinner in Queretaro and had the restaurant to myself and at 10:30 PM when the joint is hopping. The experience is the same.

I think there is a difference between going to a restaurant for a meal and for an experience. I went for a meal, more on that later. The wine selection is, to say the least, impressive. If you are going here for a meal, wine by the glass is expensive and by the bottle, outrageous. On the other hand, if you are going for an experience, the wine choice is the best I have seen in Queretaro. The prices are in line with what you would expect in New York City or Los Angeles. And, the quality is comparable. I stick to Don Julio Reposado; very good and it gets the job done.

The entrees are very creative. I started with onion soup which was not the usual French Onion soup you find in most American restaurants. This was a creamy onion purée with a dash or smidgen of cheese in the center. The soup was mild and the cheese gave it the right salty tang. I am very particular about “Pasta Carbonara” and constantly disappointed by it in most restaurants. North of the boarder, Carbonara means spaghetti with bacon in Alfredo sauce. Di Vino knows how to make it: egg, cheese, wine and bacon over an “al dente” pasta. The Pulop a Las Brasas or Octopus over a charcoal grill was marvelous. The Pulpo was firm and lightly charred with a distinct smoky flavor. It was served over a bed of greens.

I recommend Di Vino but I think that at this place the meal and the experience of can be distinct. One requires a greater financial commitment, yet with either the taste of the food and the quality of the service are exceptional. I feel that a restaurant should engage you more without costing you more money. Your mileage may vary.

• Visited August 2012
Miami, FL
“Gourmet Restaurant in Downtown Queretaro”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The service is excellent along with the food and the wine selection. It is a pleasure to get the wine poured at the right temperature, the selection is large so there is something for everyone. The food was also fantastic with several options including local ingredients, ask for them !

• Visited May 2012