“Excellent price, service and location”

Hotel Villa del Villar
Ranked #45 of 94 Hotels in Queretaro City
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Set in an 18 th century house, the hotel has very nice rooms, with very high cealings, very clean and a courtyard for breakfast. Breakfast consisting of coffee, fruit, eggs and pastries is included. Service by Raul and Jesús is outstanding. Location is perfect, in Queretaros beautiful and well kepthistoric center. You can walk to museums, churches, plazas and restaurants.
The price for a double room with a promotion and breakfast included for 3 was 1300 pesos.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed December 6, 2011

We recently traveled extensively through the historic Spanish silver region of Mexico and this was by far our favorite bed and breakfast. The hotel is a recent renovation of a villa previously owned by a local doctor. The house canaries Placido and Bocelli greet you at the main entrance as you walk in off the quiet side street. The rooms are neat and well appointed; the local handmade soaps and lotions supplied in the rooms were a nice touch. The staff was very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The simple but delicious Mexican breakfasts in the courtyard proved an elegant start to the morning. We had a large room off the main courtyard, where we sat late evenings on our return with a bottle of wine while listening to the excellent mix of Spanish and contemporary jazz.

Room Tip: The back rooms are quieter but the front rooms entering off the courtyard are more spacious with lit...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nola-too
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I was lured to this incredible little hotel by the reviews here and I can only say it was even better than I anticipated. I've been around the world twice this year and this was my favorite city and hotel...Shanghai, Singapore, Bangkok, Sydney, Brisbane, London, Monaco, Budhapest, Istanbul, Rio de Janeiro and more...this was the best. First, Queretaro is an amazing colonial city with lots to see and really great food. And, the included breakfast at the Villa del Villar was a really civilized, relaxing way to start the day in the beautiful courtyard. The manager, Raul, is a truly nice guy and great host and his staff are equally dedicated to making the visit special. I was traveling on business, but with a little extra time to enjoy the city and I am looking forward to returning with my wife. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. There is a reason the Villa del Villar is rated No. 1 in Queretaro.

Room Tip: All 6 rooms face the courtyard so I can't imagine how you could go wrong. I was in #3 and it wa...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Bruce H
Reviewed October 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 5 days and 4 nights. We received a very friendly and professional service from the personnel. They accommodated our needs and made us feel at home. The breakfast was good and included the typical Mexican style: scrambled eggs, a choice of tortillas or toasted bread, a plate with fresh fruits, orange juice, and all the (good quality) coffee you want. The room was relatively small but nicely decorated and clean. Their English language skills are improvable, but they try, which I value. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and will go back again. The personnel was more friendly and professionally- oriented than we have ever encountered elsewhere. Hence, we recommend the hotel without hesitation; we felt at home.

Room Tip: The rooms next to the street could be a bit noisy since the hotel is located in the heart of downtow...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2011

This small super friendly intimate hotel is a jewel in the crown of Colonial Mexico. My partner and I stayed here for Dia de los Muertos and it was the most welcoming "home" we could have wished for. The staff was super friendly and extremely accomodating. Breakfast on the patio served fresh from the kitchen, comfortable beds, clean rooms, historic residence in the middle of all the downtown fun. I'm sorry I took so long to writre this review.

Room Tip: We has a street side room which suprisingly, wasn't too noisy...so I would guess any room would...
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2011

It s a very nice, clean, quiet and comfortable hotel. The staff working there are really helpful. I would recommend it and go back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Susanita_viajera
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Don’t be put off by the unprepossessing entrance gate. Once inside, the welcome is warm, the rooms are clean and well-appointed and breakfast is delicious – including the flavor homemade.
The location is excelent – The town is great for wandering around and there is a great variety of restaurants and interesting points.
All the staff are excellent. Orlando and Jesus, are fantastic and always ready to help with anything from giving suggestions to helping with parking or a friendly chat

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family