“Good place to chill out”

Restaurante Bar 1810
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pasteur & 5 de Mayo
Description: 1810 : It is perhaps the most important year for Mexico as it was on that date and no less than in Queretaro, where the struggle for Mexico's independence began. What better name could there be for the restaurant looking directly at the Palacio de la Corregidora and the beautiful square that has been happening history of Queretaro and the country? 1810 Restaurant, with its prime location in the heart of Historic Downtown Queretaro, offers locals and visitors an exquisite menu of Mexican and international cuisine. In this place you'll find traditional dishes that are hard to find elsewhere, such as: Grasshoppers, Escamoles, Chinicuiles (seasonal) and specialties such as : Molcajete Queretano; Molcajete "1810" and Escargots Bourguignon.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The restaurant its in a good location. The personnel is not very attentive, but the food has a good taste, very traditional, and I liked it. The people(kids,etc) that sell stuff from the outside get in and they are always bothering while one's eating.

There are newer reviews for Restaurante Bar 1810

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We kept going back--partly because of the location on the Plaza de Armas, and partly because of the really good food. The first day we arrived in Queretaro, we were quite tired from car, then plane, then bus travel over the past 24 hours. The pleasant outside dining on the plaza, good music, and good reviews hooked us. I had pescado veracruzana, a favorite of mine, which was served with a salad. When I am traveling in high, dry areas, I get really salad hungry, and this one was wonderful--fresh and crisp. That sold me. I don't even know what my husband had, but the next two times I had their Caesar salad with prawns, which was always exactly what I was hungry for and made really well. Again, pleasant atmosphere, good food, good service.

1  Thank mrstuna
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very good service, tasty food. loved the location and great for people watching in historic centro. try it out!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Despite lots of recommendations for this restaurant, I was disappointed. It has a lovely location on the square (likely that is what you are paying for) but the food was just mediocre and very salty. The service was good (perhaps almost too attentive).

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had a nice dinner here (Ostrich Steak Arracherra) and seafood with shrimp. Great service and some amazing music played by local musicians. There were several groups around the square and they took turns.