“Sanitized, but skeezy!”

Days Inn Hornell NY
Days Inn Hornell NY
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hornell
Reviewed February 15, 2009

Room was cleaned, but smelled of horrible cig. smoke the entire stay! It's as if they kept all of the furnishings and linens from the pre-mandated banned smoking days, and just tried to clean and cover up the odors. The walls and doors are also super paper thin! We were awakened by loud yelling in the halls at 2:00AM...
Def. won't stay there again. Advice: Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2009
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Hornell NY

Reviewed August 28, 2008

Get a room on the second floor. I stayed on the first, and could hear the person above me taking every step.

Just an okay hotel, nothing great.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed August 24, 2008

The bathrooms were disqusting. The grout had mildew. The tubs have a stain on them that looks like set -in urine. This was not exclusive to just one room either. Upon leaving I noticed that many empty rooms were left open and I peeked in to check if there was possibly a better room available. Needless to say that there wasn't. There was no closet available. No iron and ironing board in the room. I was very surprised of my findings. I notified the front desk and checked out. I don't know what their plans are to rectify this situation. Since Days Inn is a Wyndham property I was veryy surprised with my findings.

Don't forget your shower shoes!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2008

I came to the area for business and I was very pleased with my visit. I stayed for 4 weeks and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were comfortable and well equipped. The breakfast was very good too, with different foods available to choose.
PRO: Clean room, friendly staff, good breakfast, low rates
CON: Despite my extended stay, the hotel charged still me a 1 day cancellation charge for canceling my 5th week too late.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2008

I travel often doing one night stands on business. I hadn't been to this area for several years. Recently I have not been very pleased with the so-called budget motels but I didn't have much choice in Hornell, NY. Well, was I very pleasantly surprised. This Days Inn motel is in excellent condition. My room was clean and fresh with everything in fine working order. The continental breakfast was fine with cereal, bagels, and toast. Better than many continental breakfasts I've encountered. It is an easy 10 miles to the University at Alfred or SUNY Alfred. A good selection of restaurants in the town. It is a great value and I am not afraid to recommend this motel.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hornell
Best Western Maple City Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wellsville
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Super 8 Bath Hammondsport Area
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 4 in Hornell

Been to Days Inn Hornell NY? Share your experiences!