“One of kind”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hornell
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I enjoy my stay here, the front desk and the maid were friendly and got treated as family. Everyone there seemed like they wanted to be there and were not force to be there. I truly enjoyed the comfort of the workers there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Econo Lodge H, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am so glad that my staff has done what I have been striving for my staff to be friendly and helpful. We here at the Econo Lodge look forward to your return. Thank you again.

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The stay was comfortable and the staff was friendly. They had new mattresses when we arrived their. They had hot waffles, danishes, bananas, oranges, milk and cereal, and nice refreshing bagels for breakfast. I will definitely recommend this place for anyone traveling to Rochester or Buffalo.

Room Tip: The stay was comfortable and the staff was friendly. They had new mattresses this time, and had hot...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Econo Lodge H, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you so much for coming and staying with us and we are looking forward to your next stay in the area.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay and i found Econo Lodge. The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was really comfortable and it felt like a new bed. The staff was really helpful and nice and the breakfast was nice too.My money was well spent. will definitely come back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John m

Thank you for your stay with us and we look forward to your next time you come to the area to stay.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

A group of 15 ladies and I particapated in a Tough Mudder race and needed a hotel within close proximity to the course. Unfortunately, there is very little selection in the booming town of Hornell, NY.

I would never have stayed at this hotel if it wasn't for the fact that everything else was full. There were stains on the sheets, dust along the headboard a centimeter thick, broken screen in the window, noisy AC that didn't appear to be working, and an annoying running toilet (we attempted to fix the flapper, but it was so worn out there was no hope for it or us).

The one plus was the free breakfast; but, if you are an athlete looking for healthy options, bring your own food. The coffee was good; no need to go for a coffee run.

Seriously, if you can stay elsewhere, do it. I've never seen an Econo Lodge so run down. Definitely in need of some renovations.

• Stayed: July 2013
Econo Lodge H, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

I am very sorry you feel that your experience here was so bad. Our breakfast selection is at a higher rated breakfast than any other Econo Lodge branch. If you could please give us some suggestions on what you would like for breakfast I can see if it is possible for us to get them.

The issue with the toilet if it was brought to my attention I would have had someone there to fix it for you.

Like I said before I am sorry that you feel that your experience here was so bad. I would also like to let you know we are trying to do updates to all of our rooms.

Thank you again, Mary, Assistant Manager

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

planned to stay two nights, due to funeral that I was in town for. Family warned me to stay anywhere but here, yet I felt being just myself I would go with the cheap choice and stayed. All is true here bed is bad, shower is worse, decor out dated, TV is 20yrs old, breakfast is NOTHING. my opinion is false advertising by claiming a continental breakfast and serve fruit loops and bagels. Thats it. When asking the clerk for more coffee she not only let me know she was bothered by it, but blamed the other staff. The coffee machine along with a small fridge conrinued shorting out, a fuse blew or bad wiring. When asking same clerk directions and small talk about the area she was short and preoccupied with a computer game. after becoming incredibly annoyed by her costumer service skills or lack of I turned the conversation to the poor condition of the room. She states she is the ASSISTANT manager left in charge of a run down hotel. Basically claiming all issues or complaints are out of her hands. When asking for actual manager she informed me one doesn't exsist. That the owner will not allow her to be manager yet she does all the work and Co.tinued to tell me all she does. Either an incredibly sorry excuse for a business and the way it handled or we have a case of a office clerk wannabe management hurting a already suffering lodge. Pull it together. If you can't offer a decent night sleep nor breakfast, at least make up for it in people skills

• Stayed: July 2013

I'm sorry that you feel this way we are doing updates on things as we go along. Our breakfast consist of coffee, hot water, tea, juice, fruit, bagels, cereal ( both hot and cold), Danishes, doughnuts, and Fresh Hot Belgium Waffles. I have spoken to my staff and there is to be and never was able to play games on the computer because it is for business only. I have also, spoken to my staff about the way they talk about the Hotel and that we are to get frequented with the area and also, learn things and that the guest comes first over all.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Location wise it's a great place, near highway but far enough not to hear traffic noise. Rooms are quite large. They remodeled bath room new tub, flooring, but... the shower sucks. Cheap shower head that shoots water out, than it cause a breeze that makes shower curtain blow into shower sticking on to you.
Breakfast was a laugh go somewhere else to eat. We were in a separate building from front desk had to walk up hill to get to breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the comment and we do enjoy that it is up here on a hill away from all the busy town and highway. We do have several different buildings and we are sorry that you had to walk up the hill to get breakfast. We do however have a big selection that is more than what an Econo Lodge has to offer. I look forward to you coming back to the area and staying with us.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

There is more than one building and we must have been in the worst. Wallpaper coming off wall, box springs with holes and both chairs with nasty stains. Plus side was a friendly staff cant believe this particular one is associated with choice hotels,

• Stayed: June 2013
Econo Lodge H, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

So, sorry that you thought the room was so bad. We have made updates with new beds and this winter we are going to be working inside the rooms with updates to the walls. I am glad that the staff was very nice and pleasant, I as the manager strive to make everyone's experience here a good experience. I also, take pride in my staff being friendly and pleasant to all our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hornell
Best Western Maple City Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath
Super 8 Bath Hammondsport Area
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wellsville
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Budget Inn Bath
Budget Inn Bath
#3 of 4 in Bath

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!