Kapamba Bushcamp - The Bushcamp Company
Track and Trail River Camp(South Luangwa National Park)(Great Value!)
$206
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Croc Valley Camp(South Luangwa National Park)(Great Value!)
$17
  • Pool
Safari Explorers Camp(South Luangwa National Park)
$491
  • Breakfast included
Zikomo Safari Camp(South Luangwa National Park)
$702
$36
Hotels.com
$165
Orbitz.com
Luangwa River Camp(South Luangwa National Park)
  • Breakfast included
Mushroom Lodge(South Luangwa National Park)
  • Breakfast included
Three Rivers Camp(South Luangwa National Park)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsplunge poolbushcamp companybush campthe riverwild dogsthere is no air conditioningdrinking champagnehis teamcool watergame viewingincredible hostsluxurious campcomfort levelsunken bathtubbig animalsthe camp managerwalking safari
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I booked my 16 day trip to Zambia with Yellow Zebra Safaris and they did an excellent job. I spent 3 nights at the Waterberry Zambezi Lodge in Livingstone, 6 nights at Mfuwe Lodge, and then went down to Kapamba Bushcamp.

The drive down was a game drive in itself - saw elephants, grays buck, common daica, birds and a boom slang snake resting in a crook of a tree! After about a 3 hour drive, we arrived. I was not sure what to expect, never having been to a 'bushcamp' before, but I can assure you this was luxury!!! Large rooms, comfy beds, and a plunge pool in the room!! how great is that!!

The welcome was warm, the food prepared by Dixon superb, the attention from Mwase to my every need - exceptional and with Brinsley the camp manager always there to talk and share your stories, it could not have been better.

Game plentiful and varied!!!!

a suggestion- if this is after your stay at Mfuwe Lodge or one of the other South Luangwa sites, I would recommend going back up to Mfuwe to overnight for your flight departure the next morning - especially if your Mfuwe flight departure is early. My departure was for Monday 10:10 and even though I was booked to stay at Kapamba, I followed the recommendation to go back up to Mfuwe on Sunday. Glad I did.

a big thank you to all the staff - it was truly memorable and I enjoyed every minute (even the kamikaze cicadas!)

Room Tip: there are only 4 lodges/chalets and they are all good!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Me and my father in law spend 3 nights at Kapamba bush camp. After a 3,5 hour drive from Mfuwe lodge - which is a game drive at it self - we arrived. It was even better than expected. AFter a warm welcome from the staff we had lunch at 11AM (the days starts at 6 AM so it was about time). Just like every meal, this lunch was great (do it yourself pizza). The chef is incredible, and how they cook like this in such a remote place is hard to imagine.

The chalets; ridiculous! Large, bueatifull view, great beds, double bathtub, with two douches. Very clean and well maintaned.
The staff; perfect, very nice people, we had good fun during diner etc. with everybody. Fennel, our guide was definitly the best I have ever seen. He took time to explain, had a great bush eye (he sees a mouse in 1 kilometre!). We got to see leopard, lion, bush pig (very rare), wild dogs, etc. etc. To much to mention.

If you like safari + good food this is the place to be!

P.s. I think november is a good season, very dry!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Giel-travels
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Kapamba Bushcamp is definitely luxury bushcamp accommodation in an idyllic setting on the banks of the Kapamba river. From our deck we could see elephants and water buffalo visiting the river, which was drying up at this time of year, for a drink. There were also lots of colourful birds drinking or catching insects. It was hard to leave the deck to go for our meals. The food at the camp was excellent and varied and vegetarians well catered for. The staff at the camp were extremely helpful and knowledgeable and so kind. The camp only caters for 8 people so is very quiet and there is only the sounds of the animals at night. We were escorted from and to our rooms after dark in case any animals were around. The rooms are open with gates on the front which are left open during the day letting in lots of air and are shut at night by the staff, so that you can see out but are safe from the elephants and other animals which graze just outside the rooms. The accommodation is very comfortable and clean and sometimes comes complete with a resident frog or lizard. An unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have just returned from a 10 day safari in Zambia and part of our stay was at the Bushcamp Company Kapamba Lodge. The location was stunning along the dried up river bed and surrounded by the wild bush. Our accommodation was exceptionally comfortable and boasted a wonderful large bathtub where you laze in the cool water during the hot afternoons. The staff were wonderful providing advice, information, excellent game drives and exceptional food. We loved the elephants that wandered casually through the camp. I tried to read my books but there were just too many distractions! We enjoyed a fantastic stay and Kapamba has our full recommendation!

Room Tip: All rooms have wonderful views and the beds are very comfortable
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

A trip deep into the bush brings you to Kapamba and away from other game drives. The camp is wonderful. The deck and the rooms look onto the river and at night the gates on the front of the rooms are closed so that we are behind bars, not the animals which browse freely within feet of your bed. There is a huge tub in the rooms which being open to the bush adds a surreal experience. The tap is likely to supply several frogs as well as water but it all adds to the feel of being in the bush.
The food and the service are second to none, a great credit to Brinsley and team.
We would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple