Last september we visited the Luangwa River Camp for 3 days. The welcome was very friendly, we came by car from Lusaka and were escorted from a nearby village to the camp, where a nice diner was served. The game drives and the walking safaris (a new experience for me) were excellent. Enthusiastic, friendly guides with a lot of knowledge accompanied us. The leopards during the daytime were a real treat.
The accommodation was nice and clean, we were not bothered by insects.
Lunch and diner were served with fresh ingredients and there was a nice variety in the meals, and very good prepared.
We had a perfect stay, thanks to the friendly and well organized staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The South Luangwa National Park marks the end of the Great Rift Valley, one of the last remaining unspoilt wilderness areas and possibly the finest wildlife sanctuary in Africa. It is through this that the great meandering Luangwa river runs, with its ox bow lagoons, riverine supported woodlands and large plains, all of which play host to huge concentrations of game including elephant, buffalo, leopard, lion, giraffe, hippo and over 450 species of birds. Luangwa River Camp sits nestled under an ancient ebony grove on the banks of the Luangwa River overlooking the game rich area known as the Luangwa Wafwa. This small and intimate camp with just five bush suites, along with its setting and location creates a real “wow” factor and a romantic feeling simply flows through the camp. The subtly decorated bush suites with brick walls and thatch roof each have ensuite bathrooms with sunken bathtubs looking out onto your own private corner of Africa. Both the bedroom and bathroom are afronted with large sliding doors leading onto a decked area allowing a lovely breeze into the room and great views onto the river. The main area stretches over various elevated decked levels amongst which a tempting double plunge pool with a waterfall linking the two is situated. Seating areas around the pool or in the shade of the open plan bar on the highest level all offer uninterrupted views across the river and into the National Park. Luangwa River Camp offers all the creature comforts of a lodge yet retains the intimacy and privacy of a bush camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Luangwa River Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luangwa River Camp Hotel South Luangwa National Park
- Luangwa River Camp Zambia/South Luangwa National Park