“Lovely way to relax”
Review of Bush-Spa

Bush-Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Set in the beauty of indigenous bush in Zambia, creating a sanctuary of pure simplicity for those seeking tranquillity and rejuvenation of mind, body and soul; the Bush-Spa in South Luangwa National Park! With views over the lagoon, all guests enjoying their Safari experience can easily arrange a visit to the Spa facility either during game drives, or just right after them. Discover a wellness sanctuary in the heart of nature at South Luangwa’s Bush-Spa.The Bush-Spa is located at Mfuwe Lodge offering their resident guests an additional service in the form of Spa treatments. Luckily the set up of the Bush-Spa is so unique, there would be no reason to limit these amenities to resident Mfuwe Lodge guests only. Having a separate entrance, a private deck and views over the lagoon, all guests enjoying their Safari experience in the Luangwa Valley can easily arrange a visit to the Spa facility.We gladly arrange transfers to and from the Bush-Spa to any of the South Luangwa Camps or Lodges within the vicinity.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

After a dusty but fun morning safari, my daughter and I decided to take advantage of this spa for some massages and relaxation. We arrived and were greeted warmly by Natalie, offered refresments and then we each went off to our separate treatments. My daughter opted for the back massage and foot reflexology while I chose the hot rock massage. The massage rooms are open air and look out onto the pond full of vegetation, where hippos are often seen. Our massages were great and we both found the whole experience relaxing. Natalie's husband then transported us back to where we were staying. This trip to the spa was a welcome timeout from the excitement of a morning safari and is highly recommended.

1  Thank kedavis4

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Thank you Nathalie and girls again for the wonderful treatment you give. The most relaxing way to spend a few hours is to have an 'Elephant' treatment at Bush Spa while listening to hippos in the lagoon underneath and around you. You may even have a real elephant come to reception to see about treatment! Foot massages are a must!

1  Thank Someotherland
Reviewed October 10, 2013

After a number of visits to the Bush Spa I am finally getting around to reviewing it. Having spent many hours at the Spa, I now set aside time for multiple visits when planning trips to South Luangwa. If you’re not staying at Mfuwe Lodge, Nathalie (owner & manager) can collect you from some of the nearby lodges/camps and return you afterwards.

Time spent at the Spa is so incredibly relaxing and peaceful. The therapists seem to have mastered the act of moving in absolute silence. In fact, the only sounds are those of the hippos in the lagoon and the birds in the trees (and the occasional baboon disagreement!). There are not many spas where you are woken mid-massage by your therapist to look at an elephant standing in the lagoon directly in front of the treatment room.

The treatment list is extensive, so much so that I can never decide what I want to have done. I was particularly impressed on my most recent visit when my lovely therapist, Beatrice, told me what I normally book in for when I‘m there.

I have had massages, scrubs, wraps, pedicures and facials here and have no hesitation in recommending any of them. Most products used in the Spa are Zambian. They smell and feel delicious and I always buy some to take home with me.

So ladies, same time next year???

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Awesome day drive with a great & awesome guide Onasious followed by a great massage by the spa. Massage was outdoors overlooking the river with sounds of the wildlife that soothed this nurse/mother off to sleep:-) could not have asked for a better day! Thanks for the great memories!

1  Thank Dehlia G
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Lying on the massage bed listening to the birds and hippos.. Where else do you get this.. With open air treatment rooms the whole experience was very special

The staff were so accommodating and were happy to slot us in to accommodate our schedule and this was greatly appreciated... The standard if the treatments was excellent.. Great in the afternoon and then a little siesta ..