Camped here for one night on my way down to Malawi. It's a large site, with a nice bar and pool area, and it all fronts the river with great views across to the park. Free wifi is available which is a huge plus. Camping charges are reasonable, especially given that it's right outside a world famous national park.
Food is a little pricey and very underwhelming; the burger was a big disappointment. Breakfast was a little bit better, and they definitely score points for serving real coffee. Ablution facilities were dirty, overcrowded and poorly mmaintained (one shower out of three not working, and no hot water).
I feel bad being upset at this, but the site was heavily crowded with overlander buses and tents. Given the location and reputation, I was expecting it, but I'd just come through the North park and the Nsefu sector which were beautiful and amazingly tranquil by comparison. It felt like going from being the only person in a thousand miles (I was the only guest at my previous two campsites) to jumping into some college bar, just in a nice setting. If you have the independence/budget, go somewhere else, but if you're on a budget (or want to hang out with teenagers) Croc Valley is perfectly OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the Luangwa River overlooking the South Luangwa National Park nestled under shady Mahogany trees lies the picturesque Croc Valley Camp. “Your camp with personality” We offer a variety of varied accommodation to suit everyone’s pocket, from self contained chalets on platforms, luxury en-suite tents on the river bank , ten dollar per night backpacker/dorm rooms, Family House to the campsite with thatched lapa's, electrical points and water outlets all on lush green lawns. All tastefully segregated but still part of the overall experience.Our chalets are completely environmentally friendly and in order to experience the nomadic night wonders at eye level our chalets are raised on platforms providing a fantastic safe viewpoint from which to see the wildlife that wanders through the camp. Throughout your stay, our chef's can provide delicious meals and snacks from original recipes using fresh ingredients for your meticulously prepared meals and for those that wish to self-cater or camp, full kitchen facilities are provided. Our campsite is well catered for campers and overland trucks with parking areas, fire places, power points, hot showers and ablutions.Between safaris, in the midday heat, our hippo friendly swimming pool provides the perfect place to relax and cool off. Hammocks are also scattered around the camp over-seeing the river and the swimming pool. The bar is always open and serves ice cold drinks throughout the day, whether you prefer to relax by the pool, catch up through our FREE WiFi , in a hammock or catch up with the news on our satellite TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Croc Valley Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Croc Valley Camp Hotel South Luangwa National Park
- Croc Valley Camp Zambia/South Luangwa National Park