It was last minute that I decided to take a safari and stay at Croc Valley as I was concerned about high cost of a safari. But I found other travellers heading to the camp so I decide to give it a go.
I booked a "dorm" which was fantastic, two single beds in a thatched hut with a stunning simple bathroom and shower, out door style in a bamboo enclosed structure. Hot water and pressure were great.
Pool cold and a weird lay out but very refreshing, food good and value was there.
Watching the hippos, crocs and other animals in the the river was mesmerizing.
The staff were all outstanding, the concierge ( I think was Herbert) could not have been more helpful or friendly. Arranging transport for me back to Chipata and securing the front seat.
Safaris great and good value with the exception of the night drive. I think it should have left a hour earlier as most of the time were just driving in the dark without seeing much but the usuals and a owl. But was impressed with the facilities and good value all around.
Would visit again for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the Luangwa River overlooking the South Luangwa National Park nestled under shady Mahogany trees lies the picturesque Croc Valley Camp. “Your camp with personality” We offer a variety of varied accommodation to suit everyone’s pocket, from self contained chalets on platforms, luxury en-suite tents on the river bank , ten dollar per night backpacker/dorm rooms, Family House to the campsite with thatched lapa's, electrical points and water outlets all on lush green lawns. All tastefully segregated but still part of the overall experience.Our chalets are completely environmentally friendly and in order to experience the nomadic night wonders at eye level our chalets are raised on platforms providing a fantastic safe viewpoint from which to see the wildlife that wanders through the camp. Throughout your stay, our chef's can provide delicious meals and snacks from original recipes using fresh ingredients for your meticulously prepared meals and for those that wish to self-cater or camp, full kitchen facilities are provided. Our campsite is well catered for campers and overland trucks with parking areas, fire places, power points, hot showers and ablutions.Between safaris, in the midday heat, our hippo friendly swimming pool provides the perfect place to relax and cool off. Hammocks are also scattered around the camp over-seeing the river and the swimming pool. The bar is always open and serves ice cold drinks throughout the day, whether you prefer to relax by the pool, catch up through our FREE WiFi , in a hammock or catch up with the news on our satellite TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Croc Valley Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Croc Valley Camp Hotel South Luangwa National Park
- Croc Valley Camp Zambia/South Luangwa National Park