I stayed at Croc Valley Camp during September 2012. What am amazing place! Situated just outside the South Luangwa National Park, Croc Valley is perfectly placed with camping right up to the rivers edge.
There was a wide range of accommodations to choose from, from camping, to backpacker rooms, to luxury tents. The luxury tents were situated on the bank of the river with exultant views into the park. The tents were a good size with large, ensuite bathrooms attached.
The camp was beautiful. A bar was situated at one end of the camp, which was open all day, serving refreshing drinks to cool you down in the heat of the sun. The bar also offed a lunch menu with a variety of delicious hearty meals.
A ‘hippo friendly pool’ offered relief from the mid day sun. Along with the hammocks and bar, it was a great place to relax between safari drives.
The animal activity in and around the camp was extraordinary. Monkeys and baboons were permanent members of the camp along with a variety of bird species. Giraffes, bucks, crocodiles and hippos were common to see from the camp. The best game viewing from the camp were the elephants that wondered though the camp almost every evening.
I would thoroughly recommend Croc Valley Camp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the Luangwa River overlooking the South Luangwa National Park nestled under shady Mahogany trees lies the picturesque Croc Valley Camp. “Your camp with personality” We offer a variety of varied accommodation to suit everyone’s pocket, from self contained chalets on platforms, luxury en-suite tents on the river bank , ten dollar per night backpacker/dorm rooms, Family House to the campsite with thatched lapa's, electrical points and water outlets all on lush green lawns. All tastefully segregated but still part of the overall experience.Our chalets are completely environmentally friendly and in order to experience the nomadic night wonders at eye level our chalets are raised on platforms providing a fantastic safe viewpoint from which to see the wildlife that wanders through the camp. Throughout your stay, our chef's can provide delicious meals and snacks from original recipes using fresh ingredients for your meticulously prepared meals and for those that wish to self-cater or camp, full kitchen facilities are provided. Our campsite is well catered for campers and overland trucks with parking areas, fire places, power points, hot showers and ablutions.Between safaris, in the midday heat, our hippo friendly swimming pool provides the perfect place to relax and cool off. Hammocks are also scattered around the camp over-seeing the river and the swimming pool. The bar is always open and serves ice cold drinks throughout the day, whether you prefer to relax by the pool, catch up through our FREE WiFi , in a hammock or catch up with the news on our satellite TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Croc Valley Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Croc Valley Camp Hotel South Luangwa National Park
- Croc Valley Camp Zambia/South Luangwa National Park