Set on a ridge after a 10Km drive in from the main road the site looked impressive. The igloo style rooms were very well appointed, comfortable with great views.
The dining and bar areas looked very good and the food was excellent. Staff were very helpful. The tame (but fairly vicious) Zebra and the Meerkat rehabilitation area were pleasant bonuses.
A dawn walk along one of their trails led to the plains below the lodge where a large herd of Zebra were feeding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is nothing quite like exploring untouched nature on foot. Far away from the rumbling and buzzing of tourists and hectic roads, yet so close to the Sossusvlei, a beautiful landscape presents itself, which wants to be discovered.Experience the unlimited vastness and beauty of the Namib, close to the Namib Naukluft Park at the Rostock Ritz Desert Lodge. Enjoy our warm and welcoming hospitality and personalized service. Let us spoil you.We accommodate our guests in 11 luxury African style bungalows, all being fitted with a separate toilet and spacious shower. The rooms are nestled into their natural environment and offer a seemingly endless view across the Namib, bathing plants and animals in luminous colours of light.…. and a swimming pool with the most magnificent view in the entire Southern Africa!Because of its unique setting, Rostock Ritz Desert Lodge serves to be the ideal base for self drive daytrips to Sossusvlei, especially for the individual traveller, wanting to escape bulk tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rostock Ritz Desert Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz Swakopmund
- Rostock Ritz Desert Hotel
- Swakopmund Ritz
- Rostock Ritz Desert Lodge Namibia/Namib-Naukluft Park