The location is simply amazing, as the lodge is totally built on and inside a rock formation! You can touch and walk on the bare rocks where the floor is missing somewhere in the main lodge area, as well as the pool that lies just above the rocks.
The sunset from the main porch is simply stunning, and if you're lucky you'll see some elephants come to have some water in the waterhole nearby.
The only point is the simply decorated bedrooms, which style is quite different from the stylish and relaxed atmosphere you can experience in the main hall area, but never mind, the room are quite good and clean, spacious and easily reachable form the lodge. The dinner served in the upper porch offers a great variety of game, meat, vegetables and a lot more. Worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Twyfelfontein Country Lodge is an activity based lodge lying in the core area of Namibia's only World Heritage Site. Only 3km's away from the largest collection of Bushman engravings in Southern Africa, we offer a unique experience in the picturesque, versatile nature of Damaraland. From tracking desert adapted elephants to exploring the geological formations of millions of years, trying to decipher the meaning of bushman folklore from their engravings and paintings, you can experience it all in this beautiful part of Namibia.With 56 rooms and one of the greatest buffets in the country, there is ample space and place to relax, let your hair down and experience this great part of the world with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Twyfelfontein Country Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Twyfelfontein Country Hotel Damaraland
- Twyfelfontein Country Lodge Namibia/Damaraland