This place was fntastic, interesting, beautiful and we were treatedextremely well by a professional and competent staff. We're from Vancouver Canada, where tourism abounds and this lodge was great value, service and proved to be an oasis in the desert. What a nce surprise.
Sometimes I think those who write such negative reviews should just stay home. You have to remember that this lodge is remote and yet immaculately clean, and with professionally prepared buffet meals in a beautiful setting.
Just go and you'll be well rewarded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Twyfelfontein Country Lodge is an activity based lodge lying in the core area of Namibia's only World Heritage Site. Only 3km's away from the largest collection of Bushman engravings in Southern Africa, we offer a unique experience in the picturesque, versatile nature of Damaraland. From tracking desert adapted elephants to exploring the geological formations of millions of years, trying to decipher the meaning of bushman folklore from their engravings and paintings, you can experience it all in this beautiful part of Namibia.With 56 rooms and one of the greatest buffets in the country, there is ample space and place to relax, let your hair down and experience this great part of the world with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Twyfelfontein Country Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Twyfelfontein Country Hotel Damaraland
- Twyfelfontein Country Lodge Namibia/Damaraland