“The most awesome national treasure and campsite”
Review of Spitzkoppe

Spitzkoppe
Book In Advance
More Info
$180.38*
and up
Spitzkoppe Guided Tour from Swakopmund or Walvis Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Though this is the country's most well-known mountain, at 180 meters it isn't the tallest.
London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“The most awesome national treasure and campsite”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had a national heritage site to ourselves and camped among the boulders under the stars - like something out of a movie. Simply unbeatable as a place to be at one with nature.

Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Stornoway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Spitzkoppe experience”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

First visited this spot six years ago and dissapointed to return and find that hawlkers of stones now visit the camping sites in the evening thus degrading the experience.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Bungalows are completely overpriced for what it has to offer.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Beautiful area but accommodations are overpriced with very little to offer. Basic cabins especially when you are out and completely on your own once fees are paid.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank lwtomcat
Johannesburg, South Africa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Spitzkoppe”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were traveling to henties bay and were told that the spitzkoppe were fine for passing scenery, but we decided to turn in and get a closer view. Glad we did as we got some great photographs and if you are in the vicinity, take a closer look.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Albany2
Southern Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best tent site in the world!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I camped at Spitzkoppe with my daughter, who had been living in Namibia for 2 years, and her housemates. Picture a landscape reminiscent of Sedona, only there is nothing around for miles and miles. We pitched our tent nestled between two huge rock outcroppings, and except for the noise we made ourselves, it was totally quiet. The stars were amazing, and I was awakened by the chattering of a flock of rosy-cheeked love birds (I am not kidding). We walked and drove around and watched my daughter's friends rock climbing. The sunset was amazing and I truly didn't want to leave. It was my favorite experience in my 6 week, 6,000 mile trip around and across Southern Africa. I hope to go back someday. Don't miss it if you are in Namibia.

Visited May 2012