“Always good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We always enjoy Blue Fountain. The food is very good, service also very good, nice wine list and always interesting specials.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

My husband and I recently catered my grandmother's 85th Birthday Party. The team at the Blue Fountain had the seniors, the teenagers, the children and all of the adults happy and well fed. I don't think there was a moment when anyone really asked for anything! With 50 people in our immediate family, this was an awesome feat! I recommend the Blue Fountain highly for special events or just an excellent meal any time!

1  Thank dbinkyjude
Reviewed November 21, 2008

My husband and I dined recently at this restaurant on a Friday evening. When we arrived there were no other customers (6:30 pm). It was a very cold night and we were seated in a corner table surrounded by windows. When I took off my jacket, the draft from the windows was overpowering, warranting me to put my jacket back on for the entire meal. We ordered clams casino as an appetizer which were 7 very small clams overpowered with breading. The soup, escarole and bean, was delicious. The chick peas in herbed olive oil served with three, (yes 3) thin slices of italian bread were very good. The green salad that comes with the meal was good. We both ordered linguini with red clam sauce. I was appalled when I received my dish. A good sized portion of linquini was served with 8 clams atop. Four of the clam shells in my plate were broken and the broken pieces were all thrown into the plate with the other clams. Why anyone would throw pieces of broken clam shells atop the pasta and serve it has me baffled. This, to me, was not what I expected of a so called 4 star restaurant, which is also supposedly rated by Zagat as the best Italian restaurant in the Hudson Valley! Having to pick out all the broken pieces of clam shells from my pasta made my meal much less appetizing. We encountered other problems, one being getting coffee refills. We had to ask twice for coffee refills..they were never offered. Grated cheese was not offered for our pasta, so again we had to ask. It seems they are very stingy with the coffee and the cheese. I prefer to have grated cheese on the table so I can help myself, but instead the server comes with a small container and spoons a small amount over the pasta. Come on, your prices are up there, I am sure you can afford to allow your customers to have grated cheese!!! We also asked for more bread and were brought two more slices. Overall, to me, this is not a 4 star restaurant by any stretch of the imagination. Tables do have real linens and server did bring fresh silverware for the entree and did scrape the table clear of any crumbs. But the broken clam shell pieces thrown into my entree was a turnoff to my appetite and I doubt I would return. If I had my camera with me, I would not have hesitated to take a picture to post here.

Reviewed September 29, 2007

The Blue Fountain was a restaurant that I constantly didn't go to because I thought it was out of my budget, come to find out its priced along the same lines as every other restaurant in Dutchess County.

First of all my boyfriend and I got seated right away, our waitress was personable, polite and very attentive to all our needs. The restaurant was clean with nice decor. There was a chef cooking right as you walk in- yes in view!

I ordered a cosmopolitan martini that was very strong! Little too strong for my liking.

The calamari appetizer was delicious.
My salmon de'jon had a little too much de'jon glaze but was still good. The potato looked almost as if it was a mozzarella stick. Deep fried mashed potato?

My boyfriend got a pasta dish with muscles, shrimp and scallops which he loved. Very large portion- which the woman next to us was actually complaining about how big the "bowl" was. Ridiculous if you ask me, the more the merrier!

We also had dessert and the great thing they do here is show you a display of all their desserts by bringing a tray over.

The coffee I had with dessert was good, not too weak or burnt like I seem to always get.

Our meal came to about $90.00 and I was actually shocked it wasn't more!

Our top of the line waitress was no match for the waitress the table next to us had. The couple next to us was only just getting their entree as we were leaving! And they were sitting waiting to order for what seemed like 15 mins.

If I got that other waitress my review would be a much different tone!