“Was a favorite of ours”

Peza Modern Bistro
LaGrangeville
“Was a favorite of ours”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Sadly I think they are gone. Their make your own pizza was fun with many unusual toppings

Visited May 2012
1 Thank RoyBartels

Dutchess County, New York
“Limited, limited,limited”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Stay away from the menu. If you don't want chicken, just stay home. Everything is either chickn or pizza. Why bother? The pizza is average at best.

Visited May 2012
Wappingers Falls, New York
“It's OK”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I tried Peza based on recommendations from friends who raved about it. I found it OK, but not special. I wasn’t wowed by the food; maybe they were having an off night. It is conveniently located near the Taconic Parkway in an area not known for having a lot of dining choices.

The salads were very fresh; I just wish they were included with more entrees. I ordered the rigatoni mezzo. The portion was decently sized but the rigatoni were a little too al dente for my taste. The sauce just sat on top of the pasta and didn’t blend well leaving me with a lot of undercooked pasta with little or no sauce. Freshly grated parmesian would have been nice instead of the generic pizzeria style shakers. The design-your-own pizzas ordered by others in my group seemed to be a good choice. I was disappointed to see that I was charged for soft drink refills.

I’d recommend Peza if you’re looking for a place to hang out, have a few drinks and have something to nosh on. I give higher marks to the location, atmosphere and service than to the food itself. It all depends what you’re looking for.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank MikeyUinNY
Hopewell Junction, New York
“The idea is there . . . but the follow through is lacking”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Overcooked calamari always raises a warning flag. Descriptions of dishes were good, but food was basic with no understanding of finer tastes and textures. Service was lagging on a busy night. Once was enough.

• Visited February 2012