“WONDERFUL STAY”

Inn At Arbor Ridge
NewYork
“WONDERFUL STAY”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My Family and I have been displaced during Hurricane Sandy, This Hotel has become our 2nd home. We choose this due to a beautiful wedding we had attended in the past, The staff Has been more than Wonderful with recommeding places to eat and things to do around here (We do not live around here) Michelle the General Manager has been GREAT, I have watched her work EXTEMLY HARD during the past few days, attending to cleaning rooms and assuring families that "things will be ok" during this terrible time. My electric company tells me it may be 10 days more without power which is enough stress for anyone not to mention the disaster waiting for me when I get home, I would recommend this hotel and will be back. ( I dont even know when I will be leaving ) Its is reassuring to know that during this trying time in our life due to this Hurrican Sandy This is one less thing I need to worry about. Other Hotel should take a page out of The INN At Arbor Ridge's handbook on what makes a great hotel experience. I really cannot say enough. Thank You To ALL THE STAFF. YOU ARE ALL WONDERFUL!!!!!

1 Thank collegemomNewYork

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stopped here for a night while passing through. It was inexpensive comparitively and fine for one night I suppose but I would look for a different hotel next time and not stay here again.
Upon a late night check in we were greeted at the desk by a clerk wearing a very inappropriate and unprofessional lacey half shirt with a blazer over it. With a reservation for 2 beds I was not happy that she attempted to give us 1 bed. Her response was, oh well I guess the next person will have to take it".
The room was fine, clean enough, but the bed and pillows were super uncomfortable. Not only did I not sleep well, I woke up in pain, and this is unusual for me. I might add that my 80 year old mother insisted she was fine. But I must agree with another reviewer that it was the worst quality mattress and pillows I have ever slept on. Twin pillows on a queen size bed are just cheesey to begin with. The tv was also very undersized for the room.
Seemed to be a lot of long term guests around the desk in the morning chatting with the clerks and the coffee and conversation was pleasant. There was a wedding going on when we arrived but our room was at the opposite end of the hotel so we weren't disturbed by noise. Perhaps their better quality rooms are reserved for wedding guests?

2 Thank MEW80

Travelers are raving about these Hopewell Junction hotels

Rensselaer Falls, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I read the reviews prior to my husbands and my arrival, I was a bit afraid of what I would find.
I am appalled at the horrible reviews. My husband and I stayed here for two nights. Our daughter was married here, yesterday. From the rooms, to the staff, to the wedding and reception. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place. I don't know where these other people stayed, but they absolutely cannot be talking about the same place. The rooms were spotless, Nothing smelled of cigarette smoke, Bathrooms were sparkling clean. Staff was extremely efficient and friendly. Did everything to help us in anyway possible. As for the wedding. Absolutely flawless. Food, beyond excellent. Maybe they can put on an addition to have a restaurant on premises for folks staying at the hotel to serve breakfast and other meals. If there was a way to give more than five stars, I would do it. I wouldn't hesitate a moment to stay here again. If the other reviewers are another company trying to ruin this hotels reputation, you better look in your own backyard. Our family and friends also enjoyed their stay as well. Thank you to the staff at Inn at Arbor Ridge. We are very grateful and appreciative of your excellent hotel.

1 Thank birdluver79
Nyack
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My "junior suite" was nothing more than a bigger room with a jet tub, which I would not soak in due to the fact that the jets were covered in mildew and mold. There is paint chips and dust in every single corner of the room. The toilet has a funky black ring around the inside, and the sink is dull and has traces of cigarette burns on it. For a non-smoking hotel, we caught the overnight clerk several times standing away from the desk when we needed help smoking right outside the back door. I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure the reek of pot was coming from him. The woman who calls herself the "general manager" is just as incompetent as the clerk. We are here for a wedding, and had I known the bride had chosen such a crappy place I'd have taken a room on Rt. 9 at a chain hotel, which actually have standards. I can't wait for my bags to be packed and get out of here. What a total dump.

Room Tip: Drive the extra miles, this place is a shameful dump
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Stella P
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Do not stop, do not enter, if you want blood stained carpets, no elevator, incompetent desk clerks, no chair for the desk, and the worst mattress you have ever slept in. Not to mention the quality of the pillows. Be linens were clean, I will give them that. I sleep in hotels over 100 nights a year for the past 20 years. This is the worst. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, and I would rather pitch a tent in the woods next to the hotel to get a better night's sleep!!
The funniest part of the trip is the the access code for the internet has about 30 digits to it!
All in all, shame on them for not up-keeping what from the outside looks like a nice place.

Room Tip: there are NONE!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Michael L
Westchester
Reviewed September 4, 2012

If there were a way to give this a half star, I would have. I went there recently for a wedding and there was disappointment at every turn. To start, the hotel(more like a motel) does not have A/C in the common areas, and even the rooms did have units, they didn't work very well. Towels in the bathrooms were worn out and some were even dirty/stained.
The ceremony took place in the "garden" which is behind the hotel parking lot. It was cramped and didn't offer the type of setting you'd hope for if it was your big day. Shortly after, the cocktail hour was at hand. The taps at the bar for the wedding party were not working and the food was served cold. I didn't think you could screw up Italian cold cuts, but they managed to do that as well. After cocktail hour and some introductions, the food service began. The fruit plate tasted like the fruit was dipped in soap. The main course was equally bad. I had the chicken marsala and it was terrible. Some of my friends ordered the sirloin medium, one was served bleeding and the other was like shoe leather. The wait staff was way understaffed, the service was slow and they didnt even bring out steak knives until asked specifically for them. Most of the people there didnt eat. The one nice thing is they let us use the downstairs bar until 4 a.m. for the after party.
In the morning, the staff decided to test the fire alarm system at 6:30 a.m. Are you kidding me?!?! I would rather get married in an Outback Steakhouse than ever step foot in this dump again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CABWestchester
San Antonio
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Let me start by saying we stayed here two years ago and came back because of what made it a good choise: room was clean, costed much less than other hotels in the area, and it was close by to family we were visiting. This is not a luxury hotel!! This place reminds me of military style visiting enlisted quarters, just the basics: bed, end tables, lamps, writing desk with chair, TV, chest of drawers and bathroom with soap and towels. There's no refrigeration, no ironing board, nothing beyond the basics. If you wanted coffee, snacks, or other sundries; there's an area near the front desk that has these items for sale.
We stayed three nights here at the beginning of August. We spent time mainly with family and got back late every evening. The hotel was quiet by then and not much was going on. The only problem encountered was a thunderstorm went through the area and knocked out the power. By the time we got back to the hotel that evening, the power was back on but the outage affected the air conditioning system for the building and individual rooms. Fortunately, we were able to open the windows and get some air circulation in the room.
Observations:
1. The building has electrical circuit problems. Two years ago I found one electrical wall outlet not working. Fast forward to this visit. Tried turning on a lamp, nothing. Moved it to a different electrical outelt and it worked. Get your housekeeping staff to test the lighting and wall outlets.
2. The front desk staff is way too young and inexperienced. They were clueless as to what was being done to fix the power problem after the thunderstorm.
3. The wireless network system worked well during both stays. That's a good thing.

Room Tip: Bring cloths pins for the window curtains. They keep the curtains tightly closed to keep the light...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill
Residence Inn by Marriott Fishkill
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Fishkill/Poughkeepsie Area

Been to Inn At Arbor Ridge? Share your experiences!