All reviews cocktail hour wedding venue dream wedding european style breakfast main building next morning this past weekend bit dated guests taconic
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I'm just reviewing the restaurant because I've never stayed in a room here.

I live in the town and have eaten here three times in the past year. I had supper here once with my wife and once with my family and a friend. Both times the food was really well prepared. The ingredients were high quality and the recipes combined flavors that worked together very nicely. One time I had a meal off the prix fixe menu and the other time I chose from the regular menu. The prix fixe meal was as delicious as and the portion sizes were as large as the items from the regular menu! The price of the prix fixe meal is low considering the quality and quantity of food! Also, the wine selection is good but not overly large. On both occasions, the servers and staff were very pleasant and efficient.

The building is a beautiful old place, nicely decorated. Everything was kept clean. My impression overall was that the building could use a little more upkeep, but what large fancy old building couldn't....

My third time at this restaurant was for a Valentine's Day buffet dinner with a live DJ and dancing, held in the reception hall nextdoor to the regular dining areas. The food in the buffet trays at this event was not quite as delicious as it is at the regular restaurant; some of it was not tasty, though other items were excellent. The price with tax was $100 per person, which I thought was a bit high for what we got.

All in all, I think this is a great place to go for a delicious "higher end" meal, for a nice night out,...and even for a regular night out since it's so affordable!

Date of stay: February 2014
1  Thank Christopher F
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Excellent Value! Proprietor & staff very accommodating. Superb meal preparation at the Inn's restaurant. Country charm decor needs some updating and TLC. Large comfortable rooms. Convenient access to highway. Can cater medium size events with indoor ballroom, meeting space and outdoor pavilion.

Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had our wedding here in early June! Roy, Joseph, Annette and the entire staff were amazing. They were extremely flexible and ensured the day went off without a hitch. Our guests are raving about how great the food was and fresh for a wedding of our size. We had the entire property for the whole weekend and they did a fantastic job! The package is essentially "all-inclusive" and was far better then the other packages other local places gave. If you are looking for a quaint, charming place to have your wedding which will provide an intimate wedding, I recommend Le Chambord! They really made our day amazing!

Date of stay: June 2014
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had our wedding here and it was everything we could have ever hoped for. The staff did a excellent job. They really helped take the stress away in planning a wedding you can trust they will put together a beautiful wedding. The food was excellent and the ceremony was beautiful! Joseph the maitre D was amazing he really took our stress away and helped us with everything we needed.I would highly recommend having your wedding there.

Date of stay: May 2014
Reviewed May 19, 2014

To say that choosing Le Chambord as our wedding venue was a great decision would be an understatement. We had very high expectations for our wedding day and Le Chambord exceeded all of them by far. First off, ALL the food was amazing. A few of us chose to spend the night before the wedding there as well and we ate the European breakfast the day of the wedding. The European breakfast is assorted meats, cheeses, scones (to DIE for!), fruit, coffee, and juice. Since we knew what the breakfast included beforehand, we were very pleased with it. I requested to have a few scones to-go, so myself and my bridesmaids could snack on them as we got ready. For the morning after the wedding, we chose to upgrade the breakfast to include scrambled eggs, French toast, hash browns, bacon and sausage. I highly recommend doing this. It made saying farewell to our over night guests that much more special. After the ceremony, came cocktail hour. My father cannot stop raving about how delicious the food was and how much of it there was. There was so much food that I can’t possible name everything. All I know is that it was all delicious (we took pictures before the ceremony so we could enjoy the cocktail hour). Now for the reception! All our guests raved about how great the food was. One guest who ate the prime rib went as far to say that it was just as good as this fancy restaurant in Boston who is known for their Prime Rib (the name of that restaurant escapes me, but this isn’t their review). I ate the chicken saltimbocca and my husband had the salmon. All terrific! The cake was also great! We met with the house baker a few months ago to design the cake. I showed her a picture of what I was looking for and she was able to do exactly what we wanted. And it was the best cake I ever had in my life.

Now on to the service! When we first met the owner, Roy, we knew right away that this was the venue for us. He talks straight to you and does not try to sell you. He understands that searching for your wedding venue is important and does not rush your decision making. We chose the platinum package which includes 5 free rooms the night of the wedding. You can go to their web site to see the comparison between packages. After we booked with them we received a wedding planning book which helped out a great deal, and a list of preferred vendors. I strongly urge you to use them. Going with vendors who knows your venue well is priceless. Whenever I needed to ask questions to anyone, I got responses quickly if not immediately. On our wedding day, our day of coordinator Joe was on point. He made sure the timing of everything was smooth and kept everyone where they needed to be. He also made sure our glasses were always filled with champagne. We even joked with him about wanting to share another piece of cake and he brought one! He also brought us extra towels after 10pm after the wedding when we realized we needed more.

I could go on forever……if anyone has any questions I would be happy to tell you more. My wedding email address is Ashleyrichwedding2014@gmail.com (I also recommend you create one to use for all you wedding planning purposes, you’d be surprised how much junk emails you will get from various web sites such as the knot and weddingwire).

Date of stay: May 2014