All reviews cocktail hour wedding venue dream wedding the main house european style breakfast this past weekend bit dated guests taconic
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had our wedding here and it was everything we could have ever hoped for. The staff did a excellent job. They really helped take the stress away in planning a wedding you can trust they will put together a beautiful wedding. The food was excellent and the ceremony was beautiful! Joseph the maitre D was amazing he really took our stress away and helped us with everything we needed.I would highly recommend having your wedding there.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

To say that choosing Le Chambord as our wedding venue was a great decision would be an understatement. We had very high expectations for our wedding day and Le Chambord exceeded all of them by far. First off, ALL the food was amazing. A few of us chose to spend the night before the wedding there as well and we ate the European breakfast the day of the wedding. The European breakfast is assorted meats, cheeses, scones (to DIE for!), fruit, coffee, and juice. Since we knew what the breakfast included beforehand, we were very pleased with it. I requested to have a few scones to-go, so myself and my bridesmaids could snack on them as we got ready. For the morning after the wedding, we chose to upgrade the breakfast to include scrambled eggs, French toast, hash browns, bacon and sausage. I highly recommend doing this. It made saying farewell to our over night guests that much more special. After the ceremony, came cocktail hour. My father cannot stop raving about how delicious the food was and how much of it there was. There was so much food that I can’t possible name everything. All I know is that it was all delicious (we took pictures before the ceremony so we could enjoy the cocktail hour). Now for the reception! All our guests raved about how great the food was. One guest who ate the prime rib went as far to say that it was just as good as this fancy restaurant in Boston who is known for their Prime Rib (the name of that restaurant escapes me, but this isn’t their review). I ate the chicken saltimbocca and my husband had the salmon. All terrific! The cake was also great! We met with the house baker a few months ago to design the cake. I showed her a picture of what I was looking for and she was able to do exactly what we wanted. And it was the best cake I ever had in my life.

Now on to the service! When we first met the owner, Roy, we knew right away that this was the venue for us. He talks straight to you and does not try to sell you. He understands that searching for your wedding venue is important and does not rush your decision making. We chose the platinum package which includes 5 free rooms the night of the wedding. You can go to their web site to see the comparison between packages. After we booked with them we received a wedding planning book which helped out a great deal, and a list of preferred vendors. I strongly urge you to use them. Going with vendors who knows your venue well is priceless. Whenever I needed to ask questions to anyone, I got responses quickly if not immediately. On our wedding day, our day of coordinator Joe was on point. He made sure the timing of everything was smooth and kept everyone where they needed to be. He also made sure our glasses were always filled with champagne. We even joked with him about wanting to share another piece of cake and he brought one! He also brought us extra towels after 10pm after the wedding when we realized we needed more.

I could go on forever……if anyone has any questions I would be happy to tell you more. My wedding email address is Ashleyrichwedding2014@gmail.com (I also recommend you create one to use for all you wedding planning purposes, you’d be surprised how much junk emails you will get from various web sites such as the knot and weddingwire).

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashley13a
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We just had our wedding here 5/2/2014 and everything about LeChambord was great! We were able to arrive early to get ready in the conference room, it was a little cold at first but we were able to get someone to raise the heat and it was perfect. We then got dressed in the bridal sweet and there was enough room in the sweet for more than 14 people. The room was perfect and comfortable. We had a blast at our wedding the matredee was on top of everything and making sure everyone was being served. the food was OUTSTANDING the meat just melted in your mouth, and from what my guest had said the food was to die for, people that dont normally eat fish thought the talapia was made perfect and it didnt even taste like fish. The cake was amazing! we had tirmsui cheese cake and new york style cheese cake and both were creamy and melt in your mouth, everyone wanted more. the beds were comfortable and the sheets warm. My mother in laws room was a little chilly but that goes with oldness of the inn because it was in the main building.I cant wait to go back again for our 1 year anniversary.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank marissa w
Reviewed April 29, 2014

A recent wedding brought me to Le Chambord Inn. We stayed in the "Tara" building. Although the website states that the rooms have canopy beds, our room did not have a canopy bed. I can only speak about the rooms in the "Tara" building as I did not see the rooms in the Inn itself. There is definitely room for improvement as the entire building is very dated. Although the bathrooms have been retiled/refurbished, the fixtures and wallpaper have not been updated. Even the pictures on the walls are faded, showing their age. The entire building needs refurbishing. I like colonial decor so my comments are not based on personal style preferences. The colonial decor is most definitely the original from when this building was built in the 1980's. The rooms smelled musty. The entire building needs a face lift! We had been told that a breakfast would be provided each morning. The breakfast is muffins, scones, and croissants with cold cuts and cheese, coffee, and juice upon request. The food at the wedding was good. I cannot say it was over the top. The staff: cleaning crew were grouchy and could be heard complaining. Wait staff at breakfast: lovely. Wait staff at the reception: fine. These comments lead me to an average rating at best.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Travelerreview2014
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My bf & I had a blast since it was our first road trip/vacation from Baltimore, MD to New York. We spent two nights at the Inn with free breakfast. Breakfast starts from 6:30 - 9:30am & like others said it was fresh & great with the exception of the fruit salad in my opinion. I believe they should be covered with clear wraps for those that come in later. Now the rooms were big & comfortable & I loved the vintage look. Wedding was lovely, staff were great especially Joe whom I believe was in charge of the wedding & food was delicious. Very lovely weekend & would definitely revisit in the future.

Date of stay: April 2014