All reviews cocktail hour wedding venue dream wedding the main house european style breakfast this past weekend bit dated guests taconic
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We just had our wedding here 5/2/2014 and everything about LeChambord was great! We were able to arrive early to get ready in the conference room, it was a little cold at first but we were able to get someone to raise the heat and it was perfect. We then got dressed in the bridal sweet and there was enough room in the sweet for more than 14 people. The room was perfect and comfortable. We had a blast at our wedding the matredee was on top of everything and making sure everyone was being served. the food was OUTSTANDING the meat just melted in your mouth, and from what my guest had said the food was to die for, people that dont normally eat fish thought the talapia was made perfect and it didnt even taste like fish. The cake was amazing! we had tirmsui cheese cake and new york style cheese cake and both were creamy and melt in your mouth, everyone wanted more. the beds were comfortable and the sheets warm. My mother in laws room was a little chilly but that goes with oldness of the inn because it was in the main building.I cant wait to go back again for our 1 year anniversary.

Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank marissa w
Reviewed April 29, 2014

A recent wedding brought me to Le Chambord Inn. We stayed in the "Tara" building. Although the website states that the rooms have canopy beds, our room did not have a canopy bed. I can only speak about the rooms in the "Tara" building as I did not see the rooms in the Inn itself. There is definitely room for improvement as the entire building is very dated. Although the bathrooms have been retiled/refurbished, the fixtures and wallpaper have not been updated. Even the pictures on the walls are faded, showing their age. The entire building needs refurbishing. I like colonial decor so my comments are not based on personal style preferences. The colonial decor is most definitely the original from when this building was built in the 1980's. The rooms smelled musty. The entire building needs a face lift! We had been told that a breakfast would be provided each morning. The breakfast is muffins, scones, and croissants with cold cuts and cheese, coffee, and juice upon request. The food at the wedding was good. I cannot say it was over the top. The staff: cleaning crew were grouchy and could be heard complaining. Wait staff at breakfast: lovely. Wait staff at the reception: fine. These comments lead me to an average rating at best.

2  Thank Travelerreview2014
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My bf & I had a blast since it was our first road trip/vacation from Baltimore, MD to New York. We spent two nights at the Inn with free breakfast. Breakfast starts from 6:30 - 9:30am & like others said it was fresh & great with the exception of the fruit salad in my opinion. I believe they should be covered with clear wraps for those that come in later. Now the rooms were big & comfortable & I loved the vintage look. Wedding was lovely, staff were great especially Joe whom I believe was in charge of the wedding & food was delicious. Very lovely weekend & would definitely revisit in the future.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Spent 2 nights there for our daughter's wedding. Turned out to be a big family & friend reunion. We had all the rooms in the Tara building, which made it perfect for gathering in the 2 centralized rooms in the building. The staff was not intrusive; but where very helpful when needed. The rooms could use refurbishing however they were big, comfy and pretty sound proof. The wedding was SPECTACULAR (the weather may have contributed to that fact). The cocktail hour, food and service was wonderful. The morning breakfast was great as was the service. Would go back for a family reunion.

Room tip: All room in the Tara building are equally as nice. Can`t coment on the rooms in the main bldg.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

It is conveniently located right off the Taconic which is a huge plus! Also, the free breakfast was great. The fresh baked croissants, scones and muffins were warm and delicious! Juice was fresh, coffee was strong, fruit salad was also a delight. No on to the rooms. . . . there is a reason they only cost $104/night. They are very large which is a plus, but they have not been renovated in what seems like over thirty years. The vintage country look is great, love the couch, free standing mirror and canopy bed however the wallpaper/curtain combo needs a re-do. They also need to invest in new carpeting, new mattresses, complete bathroom renovation is also desperately needed. This place has such amazing potential! I really think they should invest in renovating the property next winter in time for 2015 wedding season. They will get a lot more brides if they do! I can't imagine spending my wedding night in one of those rooms nor my guests. Overall it was a convenient one night stay on our way up to the Berkshires on a late Friday night but if it was more than just a stop over, I would have been very disappointed.

Date of stay: February 2014