All reviews cocktail hour wedding venue dream wedding the main house european style breakfast this past weekend bit dated guests taconic
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This past September we had my son and daughter in laws wedding here and it was wonderful. The food was great and the staff was very attentive. The only concern I had was that the service was slow. They apparently had another party in the main dining room and I think that slowed down the kitchen in the food preparation. The florist that was recommend, Gene was great and the flowers were beautiful. As he promised they were fresh and lasted a very long time.... Overall I would recommend this venue.

Room tip: Please note there is no swimming pool and I could not delete the rating.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I recently stayed at Le Chambord for a wedding and had a spectacular time. The food was outstanding, the service was great...everybody was extremely attentive to our needs. The rooms were warm and cozy; they were exactly what I expected for booking a room at a Country Inn built in the nineteenth century. Not only were the rooms comfortable, but their antiquity provided for a special experience. In the morning, there was a breakfast including home-made scones, muffins, and croissants, freshly cut fruit, meats, chesses, and cereals, coffee, juice, tea. This was above and beyond what I expected to come with a breakfast included in a room that only cost $99. I really enjoyed my stay at Le Chambord, and I hope I have more weddings to attend there in the future.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Spent the weekend for a wedding recently. While the place is "nice" that's about all i would call it.

The parking lot is a mess. Giant holes all over the place. I'm glad we had an SUV to get through it.

The rooms are very large, but old. The beds are uncomfortable, the heat is temperamental and the showers are but a trickle. Good luck finding outlets to plug anything in. Also, the screen on my MacBook was bigger than our television. Made things difficult with 8 groomsmen trying to watch college football prior to the wedding.

On a good note, housekeeping was super attentive, especially when we asked for additional pillows.

The one big plus was our meal. All the food at the wedding was perfectly delicious!!!!! Breakfast is a major joke though. You're better off going to the Cracker Barrel in Fishkill.

Being a part of the wedding, I found the woman who was "in charge" of us to be completely rude and unprofessional. She constantly fought with the wedding party about simple requests, such as covering the walkways with tents to keep the route for the bride dry. She made things difficult and stressful on the bride and grooms big day.

So, good luck with Le Chambord.

Room tip: Room 29 is huge, but has a terrible shower.
Date of stay: November 2013
Trip type: Traveled with family
Roy B, Owner at Le Chambord Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

i would like to say that each of our rooms has at least 8 outlets. We are not a sports bar with extra large t.v. screens, Most of our guests come to enjoy our property and food, and not to watch t.v. Our breakfast is a european style breakfast. 3 different pastries, fresh fruit, o.j. meats and cheeses, cereals,coffee and tea. Bride and groom know this ahead of time. I do not know why this person expected something else. Our guests love our breakfast and it is included in the price of the stay. The BRIDE AND GROOM loved the food and were very happy. Something is wrong when this person could not see all those outlets.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at Le Chambord on our way back to Boston. It is conveniently situated near the Interstate but in quiet and scenic surroundings.
A lovely old building with comfortable and beautifully appointed rooms.
It is run personally and with great care by the owner, Roy Benich.
The dinner was excellent and the international wine list contains some top quality, if expensive, bottles. Wine is also available by the glass.
The staff were very attentive and gave us good advice on places to visit in the area.
We enjoyed our short stay and will definitely return.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I were in the area for a family party in a nearby town. We love country inns and made the right choice by staying at Le Chambord. Take a step back in history, and picture yourself living at Tara from Gone With The Wind. Our room in the adjacent building was spacious, clean and very comfortable, incuding a canopy bed.
In the morning we had a lovely continental breakfast with orange juice, a fruit cup, coffee, croissants, scones, muffins, cheeses, sliced ham and turkey. More than enough food to start the day.
All in all, we had a very enjoyable stay. We would certainly recommend Le Chambord.

Room tip: We liked the room with the canopy bed.
Date of stay: October 2013