All reviews cocktail hour wedding venue dream wedding the main house european style breakfast this past weekend bit dated guests taconic
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a night while hiking a section of the Appalachian Trail. Reasonable price with a nice room. The dinner was excellent and room rate also included a nice European style breakfast. Would recommend.

Date of stay: September 2013
1  Thank LaRee
Reviewed September 5, 2013

In the wedding/event business it is a rare occurrence that you find one location for everything. I was extremely lucky enough to be contracted as a wedding coordinator to host a wedding at Le Chombard on August 25, 2013. Their attention to detail made my clients very happy in addition to making my job a little easier. From the very beginning I could not have asked for better service. Roy, Joe, Annette and staff had a way of making everyone feel at ease. The grounds are beautiful, the inn is quaint and rustic. Just the feel my clients wanted for their special event. The food was great, from the Brie stuffed pastry with cranberry chutney to the Viennese platters for dessert, everything was incredible. To say we were satisfied with Joe C and his wait staff would be an understatement, they were absolutely amazing. I will be recommending this facility to all of my future clients.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was my third visit to LeChambord and again found it to be very comfortable, staff exceptional, very helpful and pleasant. They really enjoyed being there and helping. The rooms are spacious and this time found a soap dispenser that we enjoyed. . The coffee in the room is a great help. Everything I needed was there, hair dryer, plenty of towels, didn't need the iron and board this time. Loved the Canopy bed. It was truly a home away from home.
Mary Ann P

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I decided to have a weekend in the Hudson Valley at the last minute in August! We found all of the top B&Bs and Inns were booked of course but we needed to get away. Le Chambord, we thought, was a little farther from the sights we wanted to see - Dia in Beacon,
Storm King near Newburg, Wilderstein in Rhinebeck and Kykuit in Tarrytown - but it turns out we were wrong. The hotel is central to everything and a very pleasant place to stay. The rooms are clean, generous in size and filled with gracious traditional furniture. The mattress and sofa were very comfortable. Breakfast is included and very European in style with white table cloths, fresh fruit and the best baked breads found anywhere. Staff is especially friendly and helpful. My wife was ill the first morning and Tina at the restaurant made us a tray for me to take back to the room. Overall it's a very nice place at a reasonable price.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Joseph was an amazing host during our stay at Le Chambord. We visited for a wedding and were delighted with the spacious accommodations and blown away by the service. The wedding itself was spectacular and the staff was well equipped to keep my high maintenance family fully satisfied.