All reviews cocktail hour wedding venue dream wedding the main house european style breakfast this past weekend bit dated guests taconic
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The head of the team, Le Chambord owner, Roy Benich set the tone for excellence with his attention to detail in all the wedding planning we had done for the previous year. Le Chambord is set in a picturesque setting in Hopewell Junction, New York. Roy’s maitre de, Joseph Contini, could not have been more attentive throughout the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The chef, Leonard Mott, who has worked at Le Chambord for over 17 years created culinary delights which started at the rehearsal dinner we had the night before the wedding and extended to the cocktail hour and reception. My husband, a Culinary School of America graduate himself said the food, “exceeded all expectations.” An artist and craftsperson in the kitchen, Annette Jayson, the pastry chef, created a masterpiece for our wedding cakes. Yes, cakes as we had requested bulldog cakes as we are fans of the University of Georgia bulldogs and lovers of the breed. Since Fred is a chef and I am a cyclist, Annette adorned one of the bulldogs with a chef’s hat and the other with a bicycle and cyclists hat. Again, the attention to detail had all the wedding guests gaping in awe. And, the pièce de résistance, the cakes were delicious poppy seed pound cake with lemon curd. Annette even made a gluten free pound cake that guests commented, “was the best gluten free cake we ever tasted.”
A group of vendors that work with the Le Chambord staff compliment their standards of excellence. Gene’s Wedding Flowers, Gene Luciano, created art with the flowers. Paul Jayson, of Paul Jayson Photography, and his assistant, Angela, blended into the ceremony and reception while compiling their pictures to document the day’s events. Krista Jones and her assistant, Larry, worked magic with music. I received many compliments about the subtle sounds of music Krista played during the ceremony. But more importantly the guests were most impressed with the fact that the music throughout the reception was loud enough to sweep people to the dance floor, but low enough for those who sat out to hear conversations at their tables. That is a true balance of sound!! As the bride and groom we met with Krista a few times while planning our music. She carried out our requests to the letter.
At the end of the wedding ceremony, we had contracted with Chris Santaiti, Graceful Doves, Highland Lakes, N.J. for a dove release. Reverend Jude provided the words capturing the symbolism of the dove release and Krista provided the music of Mozart as our dove releasers opened the baskets and the doves paired up to find their way home. Though not one of the Le Chambord’s usual vendors, Chris worked with the rest of the team to make for a fairy tale wedding.
We enjoyed a relaxing wedding weekend at the inn, as did many of our guests. This one stop shop venue is not only perfect for just spending time away from home with the desire for great food and rest but also for a memorable fairy tale wedding. Thank you, all of your for making our dreams come true.

Karen Bauer and Fred Garner

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen B
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Le Chambord was the first place my husband and I went to look at when searching for wedding venues, and it was the last place we needed to look too! We fell in love with it right away! I just knew everything was going to be perfect and sure enough, on July 19, 2013, we had the wedding of our dreams. Roy, Joe, and all the staff were amazing - with only one wedding a day, they completely focus on making it your day and making it the best day of your life. I only wish the day didn't go by so fast because they truly did a wonderful job! All of our guests had a great time despite the 100 degree heat, thank goodness the ballroom is air conditioned :) The food was excellent, our cake was gorgeous to look at and delicious to eat, and all of the service was just fantastic. I will recommend Le Chambord for weddings to anyone who will listen!!!

Date of stay: July 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

So much to remember when planning a wedding! The attentive staff (including the serving butlers, right out of GQ magazine to quote my guest Tracy) made my day a delight! Annette made the theme cake so spectacular as they rolled it into the dining room people got on line to take pictures. My family and friends continue to remind me how delicious the food was prepared and served following the ceremony to the diner and dessert. Thank you Stacy and the entire food staff for all your effort and expertise! And Joseph my Maitre'D orchestrating behind the scene and by my side if i needed just plain excellent service without drama. Then there is Roy Benich owner without his location none of this would have come to fruition. OUR FAIRYTALE CAME TRUE thanks to everyone being there for us and our event!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Please don't wait for a "special" occasion to treat yourself to some of the most wonderfully prepared food you'll ever have! My husband and I have enjoyed dining here a few times in the past, and on a recent Friday night we went with my sister and her husband. We were the first ones to arrive and the last ones to leave! Our waitor, Josh, took good care of us while attending to others dining as well. We had wine and drinks and wonderful appetizers and fun tasting each others dishes here and there. While the atmosphere is physically a bit formal, the feeling is relaxed and comfortable--people laughing and talking, not stuffy at all.

So about the food: My husband is quite picky about his crabcakes and had nothing but praise for his appetizer of two Maryland Lump Crabcakes w/ Remoulade Sauce. My sister ordered one of her favorite apps, Escargot-- Escargots with garlic, carmelized shallots & herbs in a puff pastry with a Sherry wine demi-glaze--she said it was the best she'd ever had! I enjoyed my Prosciutto de Parma w/ fresh shaved parmesan and one other app (can't remember the name) which consisted of a cutting board filled with thinly sliced prosciutto and other meats and cheeses. We loved it all, and each dish presented so well.
For our entrees, two of us chose the strip steak, oversized and I think $22.--cooked to perfection--but the truly over-the-top "sauce" is what you'll remember long after. Josh brought us generous gravy boats of the Peppercorn & Cognac and the Roquefort Butter and we thought each was beyond good! Personally I don't think the word "sauce" or "gravy" is adequate for either of these--they should be called "halos" for the meat. I chose my usual Rack of Lamb with the pistachio crust because I've had it here a couple of times and it is the best lamb anywhere. It is the most expensive entrée on the menu at $42, but well worth it. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the blackened Atlantic Salmon with mango salsa.
Dessert we had to limit to one soufflé for two, and we all had a taste and agreed we were so satisfied from all our other delights here, that one soufflé was plenty to share for dessert.
By the way, don't be fooled by the name-it has been an American-Continental place for a number of years, not exclusively French. I imagine the owner likes to keep the original name as it enjoys an old and good reputation, but you will not be overwhelmed with French terminology or choices.
I've never stayed at the Inn, so I cannot comment as a room guest, but I cannot imagine you will be disappointed if you want a really good meal, in a lovely old home for truly a fair price for what you are experiencing.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband planned my surprise 50th birthday party at LeChambord. They did an amazing job! I was so impressed with the entire staff. They were very caring and attentive to all of my guests. They truly made my birthday party one to remember. The chef's specialties were delicious....we enjoyed every last bite:) We also booked 8 rooms for out of town guests along with breakfast the next morning. That experience was just as wonderful. All of my family and friends said they would love to come back. Absolutely a memorable event. Thank you LeChambord:)

• Trip type: Traveled with family