“Our Perfect Fairytale Wedding!”
Review of Le Chambord Hotel

Le Chambord Hotel
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Le Chambord was the first place my husband and I went to look at when searching for wedding venues, and it was the last place we needed to look too! We fell in love with it right away! I just knew everything was going to be perfect and sure enough, on July 19, 2013, we had the wedding of our dreams. Roy, Joe, and all the staff were amazing - with only one wedding a day, they completely focus on making it your day and making it the best day of your life. I only wish the day didn't go by so fast because they truly did a wonderful job! All of our guests had a great time despite the 100 degree heat, thank goodness the ballroom is air conditioned :) The food was excellent, our cake was gorgeous to look at and delicious to eat, and all of the service was just fantastic. I will recommend Le Chambord for weddings to anyone who will listen!!!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 28, 2013

So much to remember when planning a wedding! The attentive staff (including the serving butlers, right out of GQ magazine to quote my guest Tracy) made my day a delight! Annette made the theme cake so spectacular as they rolled it into the dining room people got on line to take pictures. My family and friends continue to remind me how delicious the food was prepared and served following the ceremony to the diner and dessert. Thank you Stacy and the entire food staff for all your effort and expertise! And Joseph my Maitre'D orchestrating behind the scene and by my side if i needed just plain excellent service without drama. Then there is Roy Benich owner without his location none of this would have come to fruition. OUR FAIRYTALE CAME TRUE thanks to everyone being there for us and our event!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Please don't wait for a "special" occasion to treat yourself to some of the most wonderfully prepared food you'll ever have! My husband and I have enjoyed dining here a few times in the past, and on a recent Friday night we went with my sister and her husband. We were the first ones to arrive and the last ones to leave! Our waitor, Josh, took good care of us while attending to others dining as well. We had wine and drinks and wonderful appetizers and fun tasting each others dishes here and there. While the atmosphere is physically a bit formal, the feeling is relaxed and comfortable--people laughing and talking, not stuffy at all.

So about the food: My husband is quite picky about his crabcakes and had nothing but praise for his appetizer of two Maryland Lump Crabcakes w/ Remoulade Sauce. My sister ordered one of her favorite apps, Escargot-- Escargots with garlic, carmelized shallots & herbs in a puff pastry with a Sherry wine demi-glaze--she said it was the best she'd ever had! I enjoyed my Prosciutto de Parma w/ fresh shaved parmesan and one other app (can't remember the name) which consisted of a cutting board filled with thinly sliced prosciutto and other meats and cheeses. We loved it all, and each dish presented so well.
For our entrees, two of us chose the strip steak, oversized and I think $22.--cooked to perfection--but the truly over-the-top "sauce" is what you'll remember long after. Josh brought us generous gravy boats of the Peppercorn & Cognac and the Roquefort Butter and we thought each was beyond good! Personally I don't think the word "sauce" or "gravy" is adequate for either of these--they should be called "halos" for the meat. I chose my usual Rack of Lamb with the pistachio crust because I've had it here a couple of times and it is the best lamb anywhere. It is the most expensive entrée on the menu at $42, but well worth it. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the blackened Atlantic Salmon with mango salsa.
Dessert we had to limit to one soufflé for two, and we all had a taste and agreed we were so satisfied from all our other delights here, that one soufflé was plenty to share for dessert.
By the way, don't be fooled by the name-it has been an American-Continental place for a number of years, not exclusively French. I imagine the owner likes to keep the original name as it enjoys an old and good reputation, but you will not be overwhelmed with French terminology or choices.
I've never stayed at the Inn, so I cannot comment as a room guest, but I cannot imagine you will be disappointed if you want a really good meal, in a lovely old home for truly a fair price for what you are experiencing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband planned my surprise 50th birthday party at LeChambord. They did an amazing job! I was so impressed with the entire staff. They were very caring and attentive to all of my guests. They truly made my birthday party one to remember. The chef's specialties were delicious....we enjoyed every last bite:) We also booked 8 rooms for out of town guests along with breakfast the next morning. That experience was just as wonderful. All of my family and friends said they would love to come back. Absolutely a memorable event. Thank you LeChambord:)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel was very quant with an old Victorian setting. The place sets you back in time like an old plantation. The room had a four poster bet and old victorian furniture. A great place to have a party. However... if you are staying there on business and just need a nights rest it could be challenging. There was a party going on there the night I stayed and it didn't settle down until around 3:00am. The bed that I tried to sleep in was very hard and lumpy. I was told that other rooms had comfortable beds. I would have loved to have dinner there even though it was pricy. The special that was on was $29.00 but the food sounded very good. I was unable to have dinner because they didn't start serving until 6:00pm and I was just too exhausted to stay up that late, so I turned in to end up listening to the ongoing party. Even though I won't stay there again I would like to go to one of their parties.

Room Tip: I hear the Honey Moon suite is the best room available. Try to go there when a big party is not goin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Lovely experience.
Quaint rooms, beautiful surroundings and lovely personnel. The European breakfast served in a well appointed dining room was most enjoyable . Service left nothing to be desired. Each guest was served with a cheerful attitude.

Room Tip: Beautiful setting !! Hotel quaint and comfortable. European breakfast well presented a good value...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here Sunday, 5/26/13 for a friend's wedding. Friendly desk staff. There isn't an ice machine but when I asked for ice, I was given some from the kitchen. Nice French restaurant. Did not eat here for dinner but ambiance was cozy. Food at the wedding was very good. Room was comfortable with a mini fridge. Comfortable bed with nice fluffy pillows. Room was a little dated but clean and comfortable which is what matters to me most. Beautiful grounds with nice landscaping, gazebo and benches to enjoy the outdoors. Breakfast was included and very good with a variety of fresh baked goods, meat, cheeses, cereal, fruit and assorted teas. I would most certainly stay here again. Also, reasonably priced.

Room Tip: stay downstairs if you have a hard time with stairs. Bring a bag of ice from the gas station as the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#9 of 14 in Fishkill
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie

Been to Le Chambord Hotel? Share your experiences!