“Our Wedding - amazing!”

Le Chambord Hotel
Cleveland
“Our Wedding - amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2007

We had our wedding at LeChambord in October 2006 and everything was absolutely wonderful. We had the cocktail hour outside in the pavilion, and since it was a little coooler in the afternoon, the staff took the initiative to put heat lamps in the pavilion so the guests would have some extra warmth. The hors derves were awesome - I had so many good compliments about the food, as some guests were expecting typical mass quantity appetizers.

The main ballroom was beautiful, the tables were set up perfectly, the bar was fully staffed, and all the guests were happy. The pastry chef is very sweet and talented - she made the best cake I have ever tasted, and it looked so attractive with the flowers & detail.

Also, it was very convenient to have the rooms in the Inn for guests who did not want to drive after the ceremony. The whole property has a certain charm to it as well. We had about 120 people total for the reception, although the room could probably fit about 160-180 comfortably.

The whole planning experience went very well for me. Roy the owner was very detailed, and listened to my requests and answered all of my questions. The menu we selected was amazing, and very classy. We wanted to make sure that the food & wine was excellent, because the whole dining experience is very important to us. Overall, we were very happy with our experience at LeChambord, and would recommend it to anyone else getting married, or hosting a large dinner party.

• Liked — The Food
  • Stayed October 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2007

I stayed at Le Chambord during a work trip and cannot think of a single nice thing to say about my visit. Mine was the only car in the lot and now I know why. First, the entire place is run-down. The outside of the building hasn't been maintained - the leaves and other debris that have fallen this autumn (2007) cover the wooden stairs that are badly in need of repair. The building itself smelled horrible, as did my room, with the added smell of urine.

The bed and furniture were uncomfortable, the toilet was painfully slow to flush, and the tile and grout were falling apart. I looked under the sink for an item and found what appeared to be mold - lots of it.

I didn't have the "pleasure" of eating a meal at Le Chambord, so I cannot speak to that, but I urge you not to stay there.

• Liked — location near business meeting
  • Disliked — the smell
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sundance07
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2007

We really enjoyed our visit to Le Chambord. My husband and I stayed 2 nights and attended both the rehearsal dinner and our friend's wedding.

The food was delicious, the service friendly and competent, and the owner Roy kept a watchful eye during the entire weekend.

Our room and bathroom were very clean - the only complaint was that the room smelled a little musty when we first walked in.

My husband and I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

• Liked — The food
  • Disliked — Slight musty smell in the room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2006

I went here for a wedding during the winter and although it was beautiful outside the service and conditions inside were awful. First, it was freezing inside! The servers and owner were told several times it was cold and we needed heat but the heat never went on. The owner kept saying he turned it up but everyone was still cold. Thankfully, the DJ (not affiliated with place) got the music going so we kept warm by dancing. The place also was not that clean. Thankfully, with dim lights it didn’t look as bad.

I never saw the owner once greet, talk to, or congratulate the bride and groom. The bride and groom when I asked them said he didn't talk to them at all and they didn't know why he was so rude. Apparently, being standoffish and not making sure the bride and groom were enjoying themselves was a common theme because the matradee rarely if ever spoke to the bride and groom throughout the wedding other than to ask for the tip. The bride and groom said the owner gave a great presentation selling the place, but didn't back it up. For what the bride and groom paid for they got ripped off.

The food was cold and sounded better on paper than tasted. The bartender never showed up so a waitress, who had no clue what she was doing, filled in. Poor girl was stressed out. She told us that this stuff happens all the time. We had to tell her how to make everything. The only saving grace was the cake. It was great looking and tasted amazing! I suggest the cake maker finds a better place to work at that can match up to her ability.

• Liked — When we got to leave
  • Disliked — Not enough space to write them all
  • Tips/Secrets — Buyer beware! You will be told lies and taken for a ride and end up with a real disappointment
  • Stayed January 2005, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank xwinter
Milton, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2006

A disapointment to say the least. The place needs a deep cleaning and paint. . The staff was friendly but couldn't make up for owner's less than charming attitude. We attended a wedding reception here and stayed two nights. We were from out of town so we were pretty much hostages. As for the breakfast- it consisted of some deli coldcuts , warm fruit cup and store bought muffins. We had to wait for a table to be cleared (which was fine) except forthe owner complaining about it. He acted as if we were unwanted guests. The reception dinner was no better. The servide was very poor. Still waiting for a cup of coffee to go with the wedding cake.The chicken was so dry you couldn't cut it with a knife. The rest of the meal was mediocre at best.
When it came time to check out we were told our children ages 8 and 6 were extra and our bill was much more than originally discussed. No big deal but this should not have been a surprise.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — food,accomodations,price,service
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Elphaba6
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2006

I take particular note of the first review of this hotel (Only car in the lot—Glenham, NY, 1/8/06) and bring it to your attention, because just last night (7/10/06) my pregnant wife and I stayed in the exact same room that is the subject of the review (#23) and I concur with the thrust of the review as most of the deficiencies noted still exist. I would add the following to the review:

- The room had a unclean, musty aroma;
- the windows on the room were noticeably stained;
- we could hear every step taken by the guests staying in the room directly above us; and
- there were various maintenance tools (ladder, painter’s supplies) strewn in plain
view behind the empty greeter’s desk in the main lobby.

We only stayed at Le Chambord on this occasion because it was an emergency. I would not have been comfortable staying there for any longer period of time.

Frankly, I have also met the owner (Roy) when considering a venue for our wedding in Fall 2003 and listened to his boasts about the quality and high standards of Le Chambord (e.g., $10,000 imported curtains, etc.)—I am relieved we decided not to host our wedding there. The variance between what is advertised and what is delivered has created a huge credibility gap. I am a local resident who has traveled extensively, and under no circumstances, could I recommend Le Chambord for any weekend visitors, business associates or wedding parties.

Stayed July 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
glenham, ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2006

My fiance' and I were seeking a place to spend the two nights following our wedding and reception and as there are very few selections in the area we stopped by one afternoon about a month prior to the wedding to inquire about a room for our two nights. The owner, Roy, promised us a lovely honeymoon suite with a canopy and "finest furnishings". I recall that antiques were mentioned. My fiance' suggested that we might want to go see an actual room but the guest registration building seemed lovely and as we have stayed at many b&bs, I felt that we could rely on the setting and the promise of a lovely, finely furnished honeymoon suite. The day of the wedding my sister and I arrived earlier in the day to check in and drop off my overnight bag. We arrived at the "Tara" and entered a hallway hung with an unframed print in shrinkwrap, another in pine and plastic. Upon opening the door (with peeling paint) to #23 we found a room with poorly made modern reproduction furniture, a very low "canopy bed" consisting of a queen poster bed topped with a makeshift canopy shoddily constructed of wooden dowels, leaning precarioulsy. The bedding consisted of the cheapest polyester bedspread, foam blanket and flimsy sheet. When I stripped the bedding, deciding that I would have to supply my own linens, I found that the boxspring was nastily stained. The bathroom consisted of a tiny, cracked and stained sink, a shower tiled in three colors of tile (it seemed not by design but by shoddy repair) and with broken off fixtures. The commercial style lidless toilet, apparently the newest fixture, was in best repair. My new husband and I roughed it through the night with our own linens and a remarkable sense of humor. We giggled through our "four star" continental breakfast served in the parlor of the registration building, consisting of a warm fruit cup (in which I found lint), a "meat and cheese selection" served in the front hall, buffet style (allthough we two were clearly the only guests there that day). This fine selection included four slices each of ham, turkey, swiss and american cheese, clearly deli sliced, obviously prepackaged, displayed on a bed of wilted lettuce covered with cling wrap. The selection of individual boxed cereals seemed safe enough until I realized that the milk served alongside in a cracked plastic soda pitcher, tasted a bit like yogurt, and was spoiled. We gorged ourselves on the microwaved batch of bisquick biscuits and muffins while I fended off the advances of the apparantly resident cat who had the run of the dining room (I do not feel that pets should be part of what is billed as a "four star" food environment). We smilingly packed our things and advised the girl at the front desk that our plans had changed and that we would not be able to stay the second night. Our bill came to $20 more than "average" price that the hotel advertises...I suppose that the inflated rate must be due to Roy's kindly gesture of putting us in that finely furnished, well-appointed honeymoon suite. I would not recommend this b&b to anyone.

• Stayed January 2006
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
The Thayer Hotel
The Thayer Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Point

Been to Le Chambord Hotel? Share your experiences!