“Diving Instructors Virginie and Francisco”
Review of Odyssea Dive

Odyssea Dive
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Vilanculos
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive or snorkel on the amazing Bazaruto Archipelago, climb the amazing Dune of Bazaruto, admire one of the best reef in Mozambique, and have a look at the desert paradise of Benguerra.Day trip everyday with our speed boat from Vilanculos.English, Italian, French, Spanish and Portuguese spoken.
Gaborone, Botswana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving Instructors Virginie and Francisco”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Virginie Montaner is a phenomenal instructor. Her first priority is your safety and you feel it during, before and after each dive. While constantly repeating the procedures, she makes sure you have an unforgettable diving experience. Last but not least, she is probably one of the few French people who can actually speak very good English with a British accent. How remarkable is that!

Francisco Mesina is an amazing instructor too. What makes Fransisco so special is that he cares about your expectations and your fears. Safety is his rule number #1. Your entertainment comes right after, and takes 100% of his time. He assesses what is important to you, and makes sure you won't leave Vilankulos without a great experience.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank David A
DenisMoz, Owner at Odyssea Dive, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Many thanks for your comment.

I didn't now we had such good dive instructors at Odyssea Dive! ;)
They were quite proud, reading your report...

Denis

• Greek first
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Best day out”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We had the best day out with odyssea dive doing two dives with lunch in between on absurd to island. I was such an amazing time, we saw about five turtles in the first dive and views at the top of the sand dune were incredible. The dive instructors were lovely and made the day even better. It was an expensive day but absolutely incredible.

DenisMoz, Owner at Odyssea Dive, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thanks Gabi,

Happy you had a great day!

Sorry the trip is so expensive, but a speedboat is thirsty, and 90 kilometers a day is not a short distance!

Wishing you a fantastic 2013 with many excellent dives.
Denis & Sabrina
Jersey, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The most professional Dive Centre I have seen with brilliant diving”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were extremely lucky to have chosen Odysea dive in September.
Before leaving for Mozambique we were in touch with Denis and Sabrina who were very quick to respond to all my questions and help in arranging the best possible diving to suit us.
When we arrived, the arrangements were made very clear to us and we were to be picked up on the beach in front of where we were staying. We were picked up right on the button and headed out to the outlying islands for the briefing on the brand new and very well-maintained RIB. We stopped for the briefing before getting kitted up and my confidence continued to rise. Having experienced these briefings in schools in Thailand, Southern Africa, India, Australia and Egypt- The briefing was simply the most professional and clear i have ever experienced (thanks Hugo)- it was made very clear to everyone (group of 4 divers) what the plan was and also what we ought to do in the event we had any issues. It gave my wife particular confidence as she was inexperienced and a little nervous.
The weather wasn’t very good in the week but Denis and Sabrina worked very hard to find us a slot to dive in the week, culminating in generously offering us the chance to go to the reef even though it was just me and my wife. The diving was superb and I would recommend viewing the various youtube videos from Denis (denisodyssea) to get a flavour of the quality (but in many cases doesn’t do it justice, the sheer volume of sea life is flabbergasting). The devil ray cleaning station was a highlight but there were countless friendly and amusing turtles and huge schools of kingfish too.
Afterwards we had a beer at the dive centre which looks like one of the best places to stay in Vilanculos, I am certain that Denis and Sabrina are brilliant hosts and their guest accommodation looks very nice indeed.
A million thanks to Denis, Sabrina and Hugo for our unforgettable experience.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank mozhoneymoon2012
DenisMoz, Owner at Odyssea Dive, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Many thanks, Bobby, so nice to read such a comment, gives us motivation to go on providing the best service!

Regarding our new RIB, it's easy to have "brand new and very well-maintained RIB", I hope to read in a few years "venerable and very well-maintained RIB"...

Regarding the rest, it's a pleasure to deal with such nice guests, and we will definitely come and see you in Jersey... In Summer!

Greetings to Laura
Denis & Sabrina
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Day wit Odyssea”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

To sum it up. Perfect diving. Manta Ray. Happy smiles from staff and clients. Forever memories!

We just came back from a 10 day diving trip in Mosambique, we dived various locations and I am happy to report that the diving at Vilankulos, Sao Sebastao, beated the other sites, maybe just luck with good viz, a pod of dolphins and ofcourse the Manta Ray! Odyssea dive centre provided the atmosphere of a smaller more personal intimate dive centre, so different from the bigger dive centres these days, that runs a tight schedule routinely on a daily basis where you really feel like just another diver passing thrue. The local boat crew on Odyssea provided lots of laughter and I just knew with their experience there is very little chance that a Whale Shark or Manta Ray will go unnoticed if in the area.

Diving with Odyssea was a dive trip and whale watching trip in one, with two hour surface interval between the 2 dives, where we where cruising around slowly chatting with the happy Odyssea staff while never stop scanning the water for those amazing huge ocean creatures that hang around in the area.

Thank you friendly Frenchman and staff for a great day!!

Visited July 2012
, Owner at Odyssea Dive, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thanks Wilna,

You forgot to say that you called me the "grumpy Frenchman" all day long...

Enjoy Dubai (not too much) and come back!
Sheffield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful trip”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We had a day snorkelling with Odyssea Dive. On this particular day there were no divers booked so we had time to visit some of the beautiful islands as well as going snorkelling. I am not a confident swimmer, although a perfectly adequate one, and had never been snorkelling before. Jeff was excellent at giving me advice on getting started on one of the islands and then giving me the confidence and encouragement to give it a go out on the reef. I will never forget the beautiful fish and coral that I saw at Two Mile Reef. As I was not confident I strayed rather too close to some of the coral and scratched myself quite badly but the two guys on the boat cleaned me up properly and promptly with no fuss. Overall it was a great trip.

Visited April 2012
DenisMoz, Owner at Odyssea Dive, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Many thanks YorkshireFoody!

I'm proud of my staff, and proud because out of 23 reviews, only 2 of your rates are "excellent" and we are one of these!

I will congratulate Jeff and Gugu for you...

Kind regards,