“A wonderful holiday”

Dolphin Dhow Safaris
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful holiday”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

November. A fairly hot month in Mozambique but that did not stop my wonderful and unforgettable 7 day holiday I had, I traveled by air to Inhambane, Vilanculos and stayed at Dolphin Dhow Safaris, the air-conditioned rooms helped out a lot. We traveled to the Bazaruto Archipelago Island and I had an amazing time, the food was great "loved the Calamari" , we snorkeled for hours which only seemed like minutes because of how much fun we had. We saw a large variety of sea life, and the Coral reefs were amazing.
Thank you Junior & Petros for a Great time, I will recommend you to all people I know traveling to Mozambique.

1 Thank Angus M

Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“WAS AMAZING BEEN IN VILANCULOS...THANK YOU YOUNG MAN MR.JUNIOR”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have really enjoyed our holiday...it was a amazing ride to the island and the owner was really good person.he showed all around sea and we have seen much more beautiful fishes elsewhere.the lovely and good lunch cooked....hummm...i am still feel to eat again and again...
The price was the best,we also went to snorkel at the coralreef...was fantastic with caring staff plus the owner serving us in surprising way...
their time schedule was amazing,he only charged us after we finish the ride...no deposit before...very good advise for any person who want to enjoy a comfortable holiday...
mr.junior i am glad to meet you...you made our holiday memorable...

Visited January 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 186 helpful votes
“Health and safety?? - lack of competition keeps them in business”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Archipelago is very beautiful and worth visiting so this day trip should be a wonderful day however ours was rather stressful!
First we were forced to pay before departing (despite having put a 10% deposit) - presumably to avoid having to give refunds after complaints.
We all got on the boat and started our way out with the engine. Perhaps 5 mins later they decided to unfurl the sail and clearly had little comand of the manouvre for after a few minutes battling with it the mast snapped so the sail waved out of control making the boat very unstable. Understandably, all the passangers became very nervous and requested that we went back using the engine. Note that no life jackets had been provided. The crew got on the phone and after deliberations with the office it was decided that another boat would be sent. A very large dhow arrived 20 mins later (during which everybody was very nervous as the boat kept rocking) and rather than going back we were transferred to it and continued our way using the engine. Note that the boat had only ONE engine so should it for any reason fail we would be stuck.
We made our way to Magaruque - by now everybody was stressed so the journey was not so enjoyable.
We arrived to the island and were given 2 hours to explore the island and sknorkel - unfortunately visibility was poor so there was little to see on the reef.
At 13:00 lunch was served - fish, rice, salad and fruit - and immediately after we were told we were going back because the boat being so large they were unable to manage the sail and therefore needed to go back with the engine which they were not sure was going to perform should the wind pick up. So all in all we left an hour later, were back before 3pm (instead of the 5pm for a full day as we were promised), no sailing was done and of course we were not granted any refund (or even an apology).

Visited August 2013
8 Thank HendrikM
boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great time”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We really enjoyed our dhow to Margaruque! It was a beautiful ride to the island and then we snorkeled for a while before lunch, then took a nice long walk along the island. The snorkeling was ok, I have seen much more beautful coral and fish elsewhere, but it was fun nonetheless. The lunch they cooked was absolutely amazing! Fish, crab, salad, fruit...everything tasted delicious. I have heard that the snorkeling is much better on the other islands, so I would check that out before going to Margaruque if you're soley going for the snorkeling.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank kara b
Maputo, Mozambique
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Dolphin Dhow Safaris was a wonderful surprise, we wanted to go to the islands and their price was the best, their time schedule was good, the food we had at Magaruque Island was delicious. We also went to snorkel at the coral reef and then Bazaruto Island with very caring staff. What I did like the most was that Junior was really willing to help us to get the holidays we wanted, he worked hard and did is best to satisfy our demanding. Will I use it again? Yes sure, I still have to go to Paradise Island and other small islands, and I know they will take good care of me

Visited December 2012