Zombie Cucumber
$174
Casa Cabana Beach(Vilanculos)
$120
$99
Baobab Beach Backpackers(Vilanculos)(Great Value!)
$29
$328
Priceline
Hotel Dona Ana(Vilanculos)
$186
Bahia Mar Boutique Hotel(Vilanculos)
$265
  • Breakfast included
The Beach Village(Vilanculos)(Great Value!)
$37
$17
Priceline
Hotels.com
All reviewsnice stayspent daysbeautiful beachvalerieaccommodationvibeluxurylodgebaobab
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Hi everybody, just let a little feed back about this amazing place. I spend 15 days in zombie cucumber and was just amazing, first : the place is just so beautifull ,beach is only 50 m from backpacker, owners are just so nice and really funny bruno explain me all story of vilanculos and gave me a lot of advice to travel in the area . Then Valerie she is always there to help you if you need somethings and to manage your lunch or dinner.

Then workers are so helpfull and really nice simoch is just the best chef . I never eaten fresh fish like this, i've try pizza and this is proper hood fire cooking , so incredible.

Guys i tell you definitly have to go there you really will enjoy it . I hope i will come back .

Thank again Bruno and Valérie for your welcoming i won't never forget.

Alex.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2012

hello guys, i m not agree at all with the last comment.$
For my side, i was suppposed to stay only one night, i einded up to spend 10 days at zumbie.
The owners are really friendly and funny as . I never ate suche good fish in my life than in zumbie.
It'as colourfull place and you just walk 100 meters and you right in front of an amazing sea.
For the moment they renovating a bite the place but its gonna be "the place to be in vilanculos" very soon! And do not forget to try the pizza, you wont believe to eat pizza like that in the middel of nowhere! If you wanna make any trips around, they ll let you know where to go with who!
I ll definitely comme back to this place! thanks guys and wish you a nice stay there!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I had planned to stay at Zombie Cucumber, but I changed my mind. The place is a real mess. The new owners can't speak English, they are extremely unprofessional and not friendly at all. I guess that they haven't been in Africa for long and that they are just starting in the tourism business. Noise, dust, mess and ... Smoke ! Hey guys, please avoid smoking in the face of potential clients when trying to sell them your "rooms"...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank mauritiusPortLouis
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We went to Mozambique in December 2011, backpacking to the max – public transport, unplanned, no bookings etc.

It was only when we arrived at Vilanculos that we started to experience the real Mozambique. Zombie Cucumber provided the ideal sport to explore Vilanculos and the Bazzaruto Archipelago. They also provide services, run by local service providers, including dhow trips and scuba diving.

The staff at Zombie was always friendly and very helpful. Dinner was always a treat!

One of the best compliments I could give Zombie Cucumber is the caliber of people that stays there. It might have just been a fluke, but in the 6 days that we stayed there, we met about 8 people that we’re still friends with to this day. Maybe Zombie provides the right ingredients for a chilled social gathering to discuss the awesome activities of the day.

We’ll see you soon!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We aren't back packers any more but needed clean and reasonably priced accommodation for a brief1 night stop on our way back from Tofo to Malawi. All the type of accommodation that we usually would stay in (like the chalets at Palmeiras) was ridiculously expensive and we didn't wanted to pay such a lot for a 1 night stop. We therefore reserved 1 of their chalets at a fraction of the price and it was ideal for our needs. The chalet was small, clean and had a comfortable double bed with net and fan. We had the chalet farthest away from the bar and it was quiet.

The bar area was very nice and social but they didn't serve food that night as not enough people wanted to eat there (minimum of 4 people required). There were 2 toilets, 2 showers but surprisingly only 1 hand basin. They were kept clean. There was plenty of secure parking.

Our son and his 2 friends stayed in the dorm which was full that night and they liked it.

We heard that the current owner has sold out effective January 2012. Therefore things could change.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple