Overall I was disappointed. I was not expecting great luxury, but had been told the food was good - it wasn't. One of the attractions of Mozambique is great sea food - each night we had a buffet and it was mediocre, with poorly done food, poorly presented and overcooked fish - the prawns ran out.
There was a constant kitchen smell in the dining and lounge areas.
The pool is great except they overdo the salt !
I found the staff unenthusiastic about doing any of the activities on offer if the weather wasn't clear, calm sunshine (which it wasn't for the 2 days we were there). I would have been happy to windsurf/ canoe in a drizzle; or snorkel in less than perfect visibility, have a fish etc, but they were not interested.
Positives: friendly hotel staff, rooms not too bad, comfortable beds, good cocktails. The flight over was fun and the ferry back (2hrs) was relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the beach front, amongst coconut palm groves and luxuriant tropical vegetation, Pestana Inhaca Lodge is famous for its wonderful gardens, food and its warm hospitality. The island is a secure and quiet location that is a port of call for yachts, sailing boats and cruise ships seeking out a tropical option in the turquoise and crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Inhaca Island has been protected since 1976 and still boasts huge areas of untouched vegetation and expanses of velvety water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pestana Inhaca Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Inhaca Hotel Inhaca Island
- Pestana Inhaca Island Hotel
- Inhaca Hotel
- Pestana Inhaca Island Resort