“Basic and clean”
Review of Hotel Independence

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Segou
Hotel Independence
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Segou
New York, NY
“Basic and clean”
Reviewed July 29, 2009

The room is simple and the decoration could use some work, but it is clean, it has a working air conditioning unit, a small tv with cable and wifi which is accesible in our room. There's also a swimming pool which we didn't use.
The staff is helpful and friendly. There are limited choices for food. The salad and sandwiches were good, but dinner was only O.K.
It is my first trip to Africa. I don't know much about the standards of malian hotels, but it seems that, at least in Segou, they don't get much better than this.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Nothing special, but nice in general. Rooms too small, clean pool, and good restaurant (although the first night didn't have everything in the menu). Good choice if you have a car - no guides are waiting for you in the door of the hotel to offer their services, for us this was a plus! (we are fed up of guides-to-be in Mali). The owner is a libanese and he is very nice and hepful, so are the rest of the staff. Laundry service is not extremely expensive, another plus.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 21, 2009

hotel independence has a sister hotel in Segou town called l'auberge that I wanted to stay at but it was booked out for the festival so I came here instead, there's a pleasant little courtyard where breakfast is served, a pool (that I didn't see)

I had a ground floor room facing the courtyard (not much privacy)
as with the rest of Mali, one comes not for nice rooms but for other things, in this case, the music festival

I had mosquitoes in my room but walked across the street to buy mossie coil so that solved the issue, the room was ok not bad, in terms of location it is not on the fringes of segou on the road to mopti

I didn't eat here but at the sister hotel l'auberge the food was excellent so I'm assuming since this is the same family run hotel the food (lebanese food, yummy) would be ok

in sum, not a bad hotel but not the best in Mali

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Independence? Share your experiences!