At this price the place is good value for money (especially when compared with lodges and hotels elsewhere along the Lakeshore) even with shared bathroom facilities. For $20 you can get a room with an ensuite too. However be prepared for a menu that is bland and unexciting despite lots of words like delicious, lovely, best and so on written on to the list of food available, dogs roaming the dining/drinking area (occasionally, if you are lax, stealing your food off your plate), a drunken owner boring everyone except himself to death, not very friendly staff and a cliff edge location that should you not be young at heart you could do yourself an injury! As a backpacker the place it is fine (not great, just OK) but for anything else, and if you can afford it, go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mayoka village is an intimate travelers lodge offering individual chalets dotted on a green hillside right on the waters edge. We have camping and dormitories for the budget traveler and lovely en-suite cottages for the mid range market. We have a spacious, friendly and comfortable restaurant and bar area perfect for socializing and relaxing. We grow all our own food in our organic garden and cook excellent food fresh for each order. We offer free snorkeling, canoes, boat trips, wifi and tea and biscuits at 4pm. We collect guests from the bus station and ferries for free Nd love to upgrade people if there is space. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mayoka Village Hotel Nkhata Bay
- Mayoka Village Nkhata Bay
- Mayoka Village Malawi/Nkhata Bay