Had a brilliant stay here for 3 nights after travelling around Malawi. Place is stunning and built into a cliff so plenty of stairs but the atmosphere is so nice you don't really mind! Stayed in the mixed dorm which was very spacious, clean and good value although it could be a little noisy at night with the bar downstairs! Showers were huge and had hot water! One problem we had was with one staff in particular at the bar who was very rude and at one point refused to bring our food to us we had to go get it ourselves which was odd and not very professional but apart from that great staff!
Advice: Kitchen is slow but thats typically Malawi style so expect a good 1 hour to 2 hour wait for your foor, maybe even order before and come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mayoka village is an intimate travelers lodge offering individual chalets dotted on a green hillside right on the waters edge. We have camping and dormitories for the budget traveler and lovely en-suite cottages for the mid range market. We have a spacious, friendly and comfortable restaurant and bar area perfect for socializing and relaxing. We grow all our own food in our organic garden and cook excellent food fresh for each order. We offer free snorkeling, canoes, boat trips, wifi and tea and biscuits at 4pm. We collect guests from the bus station and ferries for free Nd love to upgrade people if there is space. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mayoka Village Hotel Nkhata Bay
- Mayoka Village Nkhata Bay
- Mayoka Village Malawi/Nkhata Bay