“Amazing dive operation”
Review of Aqua Africa Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nkhata Bay
Aqua Africa Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Nkhata Bay B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Amazing dive operation”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We did an afternoon and night dive with Aqua Africa and couldn't have been more impressed. The instructor was amazing and made sure we got the most out of diving Lake Malawi, they were safe, great gear, and the staff were very knowledgeable and very accommodating. The bar and lounge areas are really cool places to hang out between dives or even just to hang out during your time in Nkhata Bay. And I'm pretty sure they offer the best WIFI in the area...

Amazing dive operation, would highly recommend the dive sites to all experience levels..especially beginners.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TomHill44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 14, 2013

While staying in Nkhata bay we decided to go on a night dive at Aqua Africa. We were met by Matt at the bar who made us feel very welcome and was really great to talk to. As we were only diving we only really saw the bar area which was very pretty overlooking the lake with a great comfortable seating area.The diving was great. It was my first night dive and it was really good. Watching the dolphin fish was incredible. Such a unique experience to get so close to these fish hunting at night. Would love to visit again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gbrown_12
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I came to Nkhata Bay to get my scuba certification and enjoy beautiful Lake Malawi. I was greeted by Matt who immediately made me feel at home. I met Chris, sometime later and we set up my dive course. In the 7 days at Aqua Africa, I felt like a welcomed friend. Whether I was relaxing at the bar or preparing for a dive, the atmosphere was always pleasant. Everyone was exceptionally nice including the support staff. Thanks Chris, Matt, Patricia and everyone else. I will be back again!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank agentdale222
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I decided to stay a few extra days in Nkhata Bay and where I was originally staying had no en-suite rooms left to I decided to stay at Aqua Africa instead. I am glad I did. It is a lovely place to relax during the day with it's own beach or just propping up the bar with a few beers. I shall definitely be back soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Gary577
Malawi
Reviewed September 21, 2012

i must say it feels nice to have a good night sleep when you are on holiday, and Aqua Africa is just the right place. Rooms are very delightful and reasonable prices too. Amazing pancakes and coffee for breakfast by the way. if you are looking for a place in nkhata bay to spend your holidays, relax and enjoy the peaceful environment, good food and amazing views of the lake then be sure to visit Aqua Africa.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank DrewMoyo
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I revisited Aqua Africa in March of this year and was thrilled to find it has undergone a major refurbishment.... I have always loved the bedrooms for their fabulous views over Lake Malawi...Now they have been redecorated, have super new shower rooms and best of all air conditioning!
The Dive Deck now has a real luxury feel...huge cane sofas for lounging and a great new bar with day long food service. Resident cook Aimee seems to find something new and delicious to serve every day....try her peanut butter cookies!
Sadly I was unable to dive this year but watching delighted groups return with instructor Rob Rix I was reminded just how special this place is........

Room Tip: ask for the 'superior' rooms..