“The perfect diving getaway experience!”
Review of Coral Diving Club - CLOSED

Coral Diving Club
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the first and only British owned diving club in Madagascar, and the owner (Richard) has more than 18 years professional diving experience around the world. We were established in 2004 (as Aventura-Diving) and we are a PADI dive center and a SCUBAPRO S.E.A. Dive center. We offer daily dive excursions as well as 'Try Dives', snorkel excursions and local island excursions. We have access to more than 30 dive sites which are between 10 and 45 minutes away by our fast dive boat.All of our SCUBAPRO equipment is new and impeccably maintained, regulators, jackets, wetsuits, masks, fins... Everything! We have 22 new Aluminium tanks, and a new BAUER. We have a fast Suzuki 115HP outboard. We take drinking water, professional medical kit, emergency Oxygen, GPS, Depth sounder & communications equipment on every dive without exception!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I found Coral Diving Club on Trip Advisor and booked it on the basis of all the positive comments that the club had got - and also, as a Brit, I liked the fact that Coral Diving was owned and run by a fellow Brit! Richard could not have been more helpful in all aspects of preparing for the holiday with local tips and advice beforehand as well as arranging a dive/hotel deal with the AviAvy hotel next door. Once I got there the dive experience was everything I wanted. A great personal and friendly service from Richard and his team and an amazing array of dive sites over my 5 days diving. I saw my first shark after more than 50 dives all over the world as well as a manta ray, eagle ray, a honeycombed moray and loads more besides. The coral is pretty well all in great condition and there were so many different and varied things to see from wrecks to reefs and everything in between. Throughout Richard listened to what I wanted to see and made sure I had the best time. He's committed to great safety throughout and even went to the trouble of diving with his camera to make sure I had some underwater pics to take home on a memory stick. I would thoroughly recommend Coral Diving to anyone planning a trip to Nosy Be and I look forward to a return trip before too long! Thanks again and I look forward to a few more rum gingembre and chats about life, the universe and everything on my next trip!

1  Thank Michael B
Richard S, Owner at Coral Diving Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Hi Mike,

Thanks for a great review. It is always nice to see that I am doing a good job. Thank you.

It was a pleasure diving with you and it was also a great pleasure socially discussing as you say " Life, The universe and everything else!" Maybe next time we can save the world! lol

Looking forward to your next visit and you take good care.

Regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hi Richie,
Just wanted to say thank you again for organising all the diving and accomodation and also for all your advice with everything else, it has been hugely helpful!!!
I hope i can visit again very soon and I will be in touch for sure.

All the best and missing the islands already:)

Ivonne

1  Thank Ivonne B
Richard S, Owner at Coral Diving Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Hi Ivonne,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Very kind.
I am sorry that I did not have a chance to dive with you personally because of being ill, but I am happy to hear that you had a great time all the same.
I am happy that you appreciated the advice, and by the way, the chocolate biscuits from the UK were delicious :-)

Hope to see you soon,

Good luck,

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The dives at Nosy be were up with the best I have done: the area has been helped with recent enforcement of policing of the marine parks and this has resulted in some spectacular coral reefs and regrowth in marine life. We even saw a sailors eyeball !
Richard was an excellent dive buddy and extremely knowledgable. I was the only diver with Coral Diving (it was quiet season) so we organised to join another group - seems there is a good community along this beach strip.
Richard was safety concious without detracting from the enjoyment of the dives and the shop has excellent quality facilities and equipment (new last year).
The recommended hotel was also great - well located for diving and lovely terrace for evening sundowners. I would highly recommend Coral Diving club and I would not hestitate to return.

Richard S, Owner at Coral Diving Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Hi H,

I was wondering who the review was from, until you mentioned the Sailors-Eyeball !! lol

Very nice review, thanks for that. Much appreciated.

I work very closely with just 2 dive centers along the beach, a couple of the others I stay well clear from. The two I work with, we have very good cohesion together.

It was a pleasure diving with you too, and I am very happy that you noticed the safety side of things. Many divers just jump in without really paying much attention to the technical side!

I hope you get a chance to pop over again whilst you are still in S/A.

Until next time,

Be safe and have fun,

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We're a French family, based in Tana. Spent Xmas holiday in Nosy Be last December and were looking for a good diving club... Thanks God we met Richard :) We had a greeeaaat day with him : he's a really cool guy, but also definitely professional when it is about diving. He's been perfect with experienced divers, and perfect with beginners !
Richard is one more good reason to spend holiday in Nosy Be...

1  Thank Carine A

Hi,

It was a pleasure for me too! I hope to see you back again one day.
Lovely family you have! The 2 girls were a delight to dive with, and Axel.... what a kid!
I do hope he was happy with the certificate I made him.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Very much appreciated,

Warm regards to the whole family,

See more reviews
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Richard is an excellent diver with a great Humility and secure. A good spirit of diving. I lived amazing dives with Richard in november 2012 appears many mammals (Whale, SpermWhale, Dolphin) and Manta ray, Sharks and the big whale shark. A lot of school of jack fish,Giant parrot fish, Turtles, spotted ray, I love the speed Boat of Richard is a great canoe with motor and the speeder tthan all diving boat in Nosy Be. And after each dives , richard offers candy eucalyptus and tasty cookies and cakes.And the evening appetizer in Ambatolokoa typical Village with tasty old rum ...and THB Beers. Succulent !!!!
A great moment THanks all Richard
Below somes pics November 2012

1  Thank Philippe A
Richard S, Owner at Coral Diving Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Hi Philppe,

Was great to see you again. Funny that we met when I was a tourist here all those years ago, before I bought the dive club. It was an absolute pleasure diving with you again after all this time.

Thank's for the compliment about my boat (Although it is worth pointing out to people reading this that my boat is not a 'canoe'! lol , it is a 7.2m polyester speed boat with a super fast Suzuki 115 HP engine lol)

Unfortunately, it is impossible to find the eucalyptus candy anymore, so, next time you will have to do with glacier mints to take the taste of the sea from your mouth :-) , still, the Italian cookies are still around. :-)

Thanks for sending some of your magnificent photos, I have posted them on Coral Diving Madagascar's face book page!

Thank you and hope to see you again soon,
All the best my friend,