See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Oh My God !!
This place is simply a nightmare.
Wonderful in design, but don t try to eat here. They don t serve even a glass of wine ( only water and coca cola). I tried a steak and a soupe de crevettes and... really ... very expensive and the taste was completely absent.
Place is ALWAYS empty and finally ... they asked me to pay 41.000 because for the server 13.000 + 2.500 + 3.000 = 41.000 ( see picture ) . I told them about the mistake and after 5 minutes the guy came back showing me the menu . W T F !!!
Worst last day of holiday in my life.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Aviavy N, Manager at Aviavy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Hello,

Fortunately it is a message, I am in my duty to answer you ... knowing that it disrupts much about the decision of my new customers, you should know that with my new management the bar was opened, the restaurant is very Well, I have a nice team.

So you have to monitor your languages because this kind of message in my page, I do not accept.

Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here and day tripped around for a few days. We had a blast. We ate breakfast every morning here as well as dinner and sometimes lunch too. We literally ate them out of eggs and half of their curries! They were so helpful though and one of the girls even ran down the road to get us more eggs for breakfast! We would definitely come back!

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank sarzra

Hello,

Here is a nice customer, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always looking to improve our service so that your holidays are unforgettable.

Hope to see you again soon
Good afternoon

Reviewed June 22, 2016

We arrived in Nosy Be after a day of diving in Nosy Tanikely, having read good reviews about Aviavy.
The start was already on the wrong foot. The hotel was quite late picking us up from the port in Hellville, and when they finally arrived, we felt they were upset with us!
The person from the hotel was extremely unfriendly, and the only time she showed glimmers of a nice attitude were when she was trying to sell us excursions through the hotel.
We arrived and ordered lunch, eager for some good seafood with a glass of wine. I cannot express our dismay when we were told the hotel no longer served any alcohol. Too bad they still call themselves a beach on the bar, so no one had any clue.
Lunch was Malagasy crab which was hard to eat, and overcooked prawns.
We made the fatal mistake of going there for dinner, since we were tired. The choice of what to eat was easy, since practically everything we tried to order from the menu was not being served. When our soup finally arrived, some 35 minutes later, we only received one order.
Obviously we did not frequent the restaurant any further.
The room was decent, with good Wi-Fi and air conditioning, and a great view. But the staff were consistently unfriendly, and constantly gave the impression they were doing us a favor, rather than trying to make our stay comfortable and pleasant.

This was supposed to be our vacation wind-down in a nice hotel. Instead it was a total let down.
Don't make the same mistake. Avoid this place. There are plenty of other choices in the area.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank DaphneL352

Hello,

It was in 2016 accod we did not sell alcohol, now we have a cocktail bar (wine, wisky, beer ...) for the restaurant I do not believe you since the cooks here have not changed yet they make good food, I assure you that we have a good reputation on the restaurant.

I just want to tell you that if you come back here we close the bar just for you

Good luck

Reviewed October 30, 2015

This is a review of the hotel's restaurant La Pirogue, but TripAdvisor would not accept that under "restaurant".
We stayed at a hotel on the beach south of the Aviavy hotel and had dinner and lunch at their restaurant, La Pirogue. On the first night we had one Indian meal and one fresh fish, plus desserts. Both meals were excellent and reasonably priced with particularly friendly staff. (When we said the beach was very dark, one of the staff walked the 200 m with us!) So we decided to come back for lunch on our last day in NosyBe and pre-ordered langouste . It was indeed fresh, came grilled and we each had half of a BIG langouste. Magnificent and again very reasonably priced, followed by desserts. We can highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the friendly Aviavy hotel during my recent holiday on Nose Be island. The atmosphere at the hotel is very relaxed and the owners and staff will go out of their way to be of assistance, The hotel is situate on the beach and one literally steps onto the beach from the hotel deck. I enjoyed the Indian cuisine and food can be ordered at any time. Fishing, diving and other excursions can be arranged. Will I return? Undoubtedly.

Date of stay: December 2014