See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2018

Very nice, calm, and cozy hotel. The pool is beautiful and perfectly maintained. The beach isn't great, but there are many options nearby. The food was very tasty - I would highly recommend the poisson fumé, a true delight! The owner greeted us warmly with a cold glass of fruit juice on arrival, and made sure we had everything we needed. We felt very at home! The bed was large, and very comfortable. The air conditioning worked great, too.
I particularly enjoyed the smaller size of the hotel - which gives it more charm than some of the larger hotels on Nosy Be. The dining room is very well decorated. I'd recommend this hotel to friends & family in the future, and hope I can return.

Room tip: The chalet!
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maia F
Reviewed December 1, 2017

This small 12-room gem is definitely the place to stay in noisy, chaotic, crowded Nosy Be. Located a 20-minute drive from the harbors and the touristy area, it is well worth that drive to enjoy the peaceful, beautiful, well-staffed property right on the Mozambique sea. Olivia and Roget worked the restaurant and bar, anticipating our needs and wishes. The general manager checked with us a few times each day to see if we needed any assistance or excursion arrangements. The large pool and lush grounds were a pleasure in which to relax. The gigantic mango tree at the entrance was the source of our morning fruit and daily juice – cannot get any fresher than that. Our room was on the second floor, overlooking both pool and beach, with a large balcony and a resident friendly cat which slept on our balcony most afternoons. From this comfortable and pretty base, we spent four days on sea outings, snorkeling with whale sharks, visiting nearby islands, seeing lemurs, etc. Meals were delicious, huge portions, and plated with style. Seafood, fish, and shellfish were featured, but other options were available. We did not want to leave this resort – it was so perfect! This pleasant visit was included in our tour by Linah at Authentic Madagascar Tours.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We stay at arc en ciel for six nights and we feel like home. The staff were very kind and chiara help us in everything. The rooms are beautiful and the view from the suits amazing. If you want to stay in nosy be this is your place.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2017

I spent a week together with my parents at this hotel and we absolutely loved it, from the minute we arrived to when we (sadly) had to go. What really makes it special is the super friendly five-star service from Christine and her team. When you arrive and check in you look to see if someone can help with your luggage, only to find your luggage is already in your room. Then you walk out to the beautiful pool overlooking the sea and look around for a beach towel, only to find there's someone walking out of the hotel with a towel for you just in time. Then you lay down on a sunbed by the poolside and just as you think it would be great with a beer, the barman is next to you with the menu. There's really something telepathic about the service here, and all the staff are super friendly. We don't speak much French and the staff only speak limited English, but they all really did their best to understand us and make our stay wonderful. When we got badly sick with stomach flu, Christine got up in the early hours of the morning to get us a doctor and ensure we were all ok. They organized fantastic outings for us that all worked out seamlessly - make sure to ask for Clover, an amazing guide who even took me to his home to cook Malagasy food when I told him I'm interested in African cuisine. The food at the hotel is also fantastic, the rooms are beautiful, the location is stunning, there's internet if you need it - and, most of all, the staff are awesome.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Anna K
Reviewed December 29, 2015

I stayed four nights and enjoyed my time at this hotel. The proprietor and his staff are fantastic. The rooms are clean, spacious with beautiful views, and nicely decorated. The bathrooms are large and modern. The food at the hotel is fresh and delicious. I do also recommend the diving company, for snorkeling, which was arranged by the hotel. It was affordable and excellent! The proprietor and staff do everything they can to make you feel genuinely welcomed.
A wonderful stay and I would recommend. Oh, the pool....gorgeous and clean, clean, clean!

Date of stay: October 2015