“Good for area”
Review of Gariba Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamale
Gariba Lodge
Ranked #2 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Tamale
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed in the annex (slightly cheaper, but no wifi - actually wifi was down the 3 days I was there). Room was clean and comfortable, good AC, hot shower (with sufficient water pressure to wash long hair). Breakfast (included) was good and kitchen handled my other strange food requests. Staff was very helpful and could arrange drivers and run errands.

I am a young female a frequently travel alone for work. I felt comfortable here, but would have preferred a room in the main section over the annex.

The lodge is slightly out of town on the airport road. It was too far (and too hot) to walk into town, so plan to find a reliable taxi or arrange a car.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Karen T

Reviewed November 30, 2013

A modern hotel, easy to find... with rooms located around gardens and pathways. Nice rooms, spacious and large and clean bathroom. Reasonably priced as well, except for the wine. But it seems that wine is expensive in Ghana! People working here are quite nice and helpful. A definite recommendation for those who must stay in Tamale!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful place to stay! The hotel and staff were excellent! We spent two nights there at two different segments of our trip. Check in was easy and they even allowed us to check in several hours before actual checkin time. The food was really good, but be prepared to wait as everything is cooked fresh and takes some time. The staff are super friendly and our 2nd stay there our waitperson came knocking on our door about ten mins after we arrived to great us and welcome us back. The rooms are spacious and super clean. Couldn't have asked for a better stay in Ghana. If you are ever in the area, make sure you visit! Definitely worth the money and not overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel has good equiped room, especialy internet connection.
And good staffs especialy gurdmen, the security is good.

I had no chance to try restaurant in the hotel but it might be good cause my friend satisfied it.

Room Tip: Make reservation as soon as possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I believe I could have experienced some of the bad experiences commented below, but luckily I did not encounter any of them. The room is clean and nice including bathroom. Water pressure of the shower was GREAT. The water temperature could be hotter for some people. I was told the internet was not working the day before, but during my 3-night stay, it was working OK (though not fast). For breakfast, you can choose three dishes in total from 2 sets of menu (one from one group, and two from another one) plus tea/instant coffee. I did not have a chance to eat dinner here. All of the above with this price considering this is in Tamale, I will most likely choose this place again for the next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fukuyan
Reviewed August 14, 2013

On arrival at Reception I asked Eric, the chap sitting behind a front office desk if I may see what the rooms look like. I had look at one of the rooms and I enquired about a number of issues including the following:
i) If they could supply a safe deposit box,
ii) If there was always hot water,
iii) If the breakfast is up to standard i.e. selection of fruit, bacon & eggs, etc.
iv) If they have a decent selection of channels available on the TV, I asked for Super Sport 1 & 2, Nat Geo or Discovery specifically.

I’m almost always on the road, somewhere in Africa and it’s important for me to have a decent room and to be able to relax after a 12 – 15 hour day out in the field. Therefore these requests.

Needless to say, none of the above was available; as a matter of fact I eventually just gave up asking and left for another hotel. The water was not ice cold but far from hot, the TV was not worth switching on and I never got my deposit box.

The breakfast was the worse, every morning I will have the same request and every morning they will dish up what they like, i.e. ice cold hard boiled eggs of which the yoke is blue and very dry.

Service is almost none existing, if you need it, you have to stand up from your table and go and look for a waiter. Finding one they will have an attitude that says you are a nuisance!

The room however was not too bad, very spacious and housekeeping did a great job keeping the room clean.

Not recommendable!!

Room Tip: A good room-go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacob312613
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are spacious. Service is ok type . Wifi Internet was bad , it was not working. Morning breakfast does not have much choice. Sauté vegetables were good with bread and butter. Slightly out of city . Room service is ok type . Hotel staff was courteous .

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business